Skip to main content

quotable kids

August 2012

Mom: "Jeff are you stinky?"
Jeff: "No, I just clean!"

Jeff: "I hungry!" Which actually means I'm Thirsty.
July 2012

Nate's getting dinner ready and goes in to ask Aria is she'd like some dinner. Aria mentions that she has been fasting today. "I fasted for breakfast and for lunch," she tells me. I am suprised, of course and ask her if she is starving, to which she says... "no." Curious, I ask her, "what are you fasting for?"  She replies, a little frustrated... "I told you, I fasted for breakfast and lunch." To which I reply... "Oh, I'm sorry. I mean, why are you fasting?" She answers with a sweet content look on her face, "so that I can have more room for the Spirit."

Wow. That's about all I could say, was wow. Aubrey later let me know that although she didn't have "meals" today, she did have multiple snacks. Aubrey was unaware that Aria was fasting.

October 2011

I (Nate) get home one night after the kids have been in bed for an hour, Jeff hears the garage door as I come in and says... "da-ddeee!" so I go in to say hi to him. Aria stirs, sits up, looks at me and says... "daddy, I had a really cool dream. I was at school, and I became a flying princess! My uniform opened up and stars came flying out! I told Miss Delgado to have the class close there eyes and they did and then I told them to open them up and they saw me flying! It was soooo wonderful!" She was so excited about it... I told her to go back to sleep so she could dream some more wonderful dreams. What a cutie!

Aria singing Sunday morning. "we're a million children straws around the world today. Each one a special child of God be nake'n every way."


September 2011
I can't believe it's been a whole year...

Mommy is combing Aria's hair for church.
Mom: "Aria, your hair's so pretty."
Aria: "thanks."
Mom (surprised that she responded so quickly): "does anybody at school tell you your hair is pretty?" (thinking maybe her teacher had talked about courtesy)
Aria: " um.... Alberito does."

haha
And it begins... Daddy might have to take up weight lifting.:)

October 2010

Aria: "Did the Monsters eat your school?"

Aria: "Hey Mommy... Look... Look. ... I Made a Thank you letter!"
Mommy: "Oh how fun!"
Aria: "And look! I drew an F! F says fffff.....fffff......... Like ffffff.......fffffff.......fank you!"

September 2010

Mom: "Aria what do you want to be for Halloween?"
Aria: "A Ghost."
Mom: "What should I be for Halloween?"
Aria: "A witch."
Mom: What should Jefferson be for Halloween?"
Aria: "A Bumblebee"
Mom: "And What should Daddy be for Halloween?"
Aria: "A Dancer.... a mad dancer........a mad ballet dancer."
As you can imagine, Nate's not too thrilled about the idea. :)

Mom: "Do you like preschool?"
Aria: "Yes..."
Mom: What's your favorite thing about preschool?"
Aria: (no hesitation)"Miss Tina."

People's skin color has been a huge topic of conversation at our house because Aria's started noticing that there's a difference. Her pediatrician has black skin as well as one of the missionaries serving in our ward so it comes up a lot. I think that's what spurned this today on the way home from church. "Mom..." Mom says "Yes, honey?"
Aria says "Some people have black skin and some people have peach skin." I said "Yes, that's right honey..... and... some people have brown skin." Aria says "NO.... that's not their favorite color!.... That's only for Halloween. On Halloween they can be brown."
(On a side note... it really gave me some perspective on how we should view different skin types. I like how she phrased it... PEOPLE.... with black skin or ... PEOPLE... with peach skin... It's kind of like saying people with black hair or people with peach hair. She identifies so simply that people... are people... no matter how they look.)

She's been saying this for a while but any kind of expressions starts with...
"I'm so really........"
And you can fill in the blank with.... Thirsty, Hungry, Tired, Cute, fun, exciting, etc. You get the idea.

When she sneezes. "I just had a bless you."

August 2010

Aria was in Grandma's room playing with her tea set and Grandma asked her what she was doing. Aria said "I'm just playing in here because Devin's a horse!"

After Chelsea and Tyler left us (they were here seeing the Lion King) Aria says, "But, Dad.... I just want to keep them."

July 2010

Our fridge starts beeping whenever it's been open too long. In most cases after this happens. Aria squeals in a really high squeaky voice. "It's calling me... It says... 'ARIA! ARIA!... Shut me down!'... It's calling to me ....'ARIA! ARIA! ....Shut me down... shut me down...'."

Aria asks "Can I have another cracker?" Mommy says, "No, I told you you could only have two." Aria asks again, "But, I just want another cracker." Mommy says, "No, I told you only two... and daddy agrees with me." Aria gets sheepish and says, "Jefferson agrees with me."

June 2010
Aria starts crying so daddy asks, "Oh, did you hurt your finger?" Aria looks distraught and says, "No... I hurt two fingers!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...