Skip to main content

Ioscars!


Last weekend we had a really fun time at this BYU sponsored thing called ioscars. A few weekends previous to that, we had spent some time making a movie about this crazy idea that Will came up with. It was fun filming and coming up with all of these ideas together. We feel like we're getting closer and closer to our family every day. Anyway, this competition has a lot to do with a twist on National Treasure and the Da Vinci Code, but it kind of has a BYU twist on it. At this thing, there were 35 movies out of a total of 75 entries shown, and then, each audience member was supposed to select which movie they liked the best. They were only 3 minutes long and there were a few restrictions on it. Will ended up doing an awesome job. It was weird to see our faces on the big screen. We took first place! Will got to take home a mac mini! What a fun evening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

brian head, service projects, devin's home #welovesummer

We love our pools. Especially with friends. Here we are trying to convince Nate he can do a front flip. He still doesn't believe me.  #thiswasthebestone   #jeffjustwentupanddidit   #overandover   #unafraid   #doesntcarewhatpeoplethink   #wishididnt  # summerlovin Independence day kickball. I made it home once but I also fell on my backside trying to kick it once.  #facepalm   #soembarrassing   #happy4th   #wealsowatchedbeautyandthebeast   #playedgames   #plantedflowers   #fireworks   #rootbeerfloats   #happybirthdayamerica   #americathebeautifu l   #thisishisglorywalk "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." -John F. Kennedy//  #degas   #mfah   #letfreedomring #wereallinthistogether   #becausebeauty ...