Skip to main content

Bond....... James Bond

Last night we had a lot of fun at an ASDA party. It was great, we got dressed up all fancy, had a nice dinner and got to dance and teach Nate how to play Blackjack. They had prizes for all of the winners at the tables. Aubrey ended up being the 2nd big winner and our friend Jen was the 1st big winners. It was great! The night paid for itself. We won the door prize ($10), the 'chair' prize (Dr. No - a James Bond movie with Sean Connery - a classic?), and the Blackjack prize ($25 to PF Chang's). Despite the fact that we won all these prizes we had the best time hanging out with friends and dancing. It's nice for us to get out by ourselves occasionally. We would have loved it, even if we hadn't gotten all the prizes. For those who don't know - ASDA is a Dental Student Association that is supposed to introduce them to the ADA - I don't really know what it stands for. You have to pay for a membership but then you get all sorts of stuff from them. The prime thing being lunch for Nate every week! :) Also, I thought you might appreciate this $3 D.I. dress. Not the best dress ever, but it's red and only $3!

Comments

Ashlee said…
Hey Aubs! That is so fun that you had a night to get dressed up and go out!The Red dress is awesome-you were smart not to pass it up-I also like the flower in your hair. Nice touch. Aria is a doll!It is so fun to see the pictures and videos of her.
Kimbo said…
$3 are you joking!!! You look amazing. Cute couple. Looks like things are going great. Looking at your blogs makes me really miss you.

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...