Skip to main content

Sometimes it's important to document the little things...

We went to the ward party. It was outside and chilly and she didn't want to wear a jacket or socks. She's way too used to Las Vegas. But She's pretty darn cute. We totally ran out of candy this year. whoops.

Aria made these cute little glowing jars with her friend Katelyn. So cute! and They actually were able to do more than I thought they would. I cut out the faces, but she placed them where she wanted, and She pasted all the tissue paper on them. We got the idea from this post. Highly recommend this craft... We did it with just stuff we had around the house and they turned out SO cute! At least bookmark it for next year.
Aria had her first sleepover with her friend Juliet. Her family is moving to Washington and while they were scouting out houses, we got to dance: Aria's sure going to miss her


Then we went to Calico Basin with Katelyn, Erin and Megan. They both decided that this natural 'rock slide' was better than any playground. I'm not sure how their pants fared, but they sure were all smiles.

And I just wanted to point out that there are some fall colors not that far out of town. I love this little girl's smile.
Finally to top off the week. Grandma and Grandpa Radmall came to visit and brought lots of fun with them. A 'Christmas' present from their next door neighbors of a jungle gym. The first time going down the slide on it. She landed flat on her booty. Ever since then she's had a hard time braving it again. The memories are still too fresh.

For a real Christmas present, Nate and I got to go to...
So much fun! Nate loves this band (mostly)... disclaimer: not all their songs have clean lyrics. But it was so much fun! There were some bad smells, drunk people and 3 hours of standing, but Nate's permagrin was well worth it. They really do have some good music. Check out 'bonfire' or 'Sharp knife' on their new album. Those are our favorites. We also got to hear Nate's all time favorite 'motorcycle driveby'.

While we were at the concert. Aria stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa and made these. I think they're really cute. The ones in the bottom of the picture are what Aria calls 'costumes'... ?
The next day I went shopping with my Mom to pick out some baby boy fabric. It was merely short of a nightmare.... Even things that are blue are girly... But I found something that I loved even if we had to pay extra for it. Thanks Mom! Then in the afternoon we went to go see the Thunderbirds.
Aria's new thing lately is pretending to be Mary. She LOVES it. Even at the air show.
They were again incredible. Crazy how these guys fly.
This year we were at least prepared with earplugs, water, and snacks. Yay for learning from our mistakes.
Finally we went to a Birthday party on behalf of our good friend Jason. A few days later they gave us this leftover balloon that was still floating. Aria wanted to take it to bed with her so we let her. As we were going to bed we went in to check on her and here she was... still holding onto the balloon. Totally out. Two year old behavior has been even more prevelant lately. I'm really struggling as a mother trying to figure out how to handle it. Hopefully she'll just grow out of it because I'm totally at a loss. But little moments like this make everything worth it.
Hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

David and Amy said…
You are always doing such cute and fun things! Aria is the cutest and funniest little girl, I love reading about the things she does!
Sarah Turpin said…
I love all the update. The pictures with her asleep holding the balloon is the cutest thing!!
Unknown said…
Love the update:) I hear we'll be seeing you at Thanksgiving. Can't wait!
Kimbo said…
Wow you guys have been super busy. Great post. I just can't get over how big Aria is getting. She's so beautiful. Happy early Thanksgiving!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...