Skip to main content

Once Upon A December

This might be my longest post yet...

We started off the holiday season crafting and partying. We had our friends over to make Gingerbread houses and gorge ourselves on candy. I think Katelyn ate an entire bag of Good and Plenty's. Caleb tried to fill his house to the brim with just candy. It was so funny watching them make their own houses.Jason and Erin got the most creative award... :)Aria made little snowflake ornaments out of toilet paper rolls for Grandma and Grandpa. I think they turned out pretty cute. Sorry I don't have a picture of the finished product... but we got the tutorial here
So, what we thought was going to be an uneventful anniversary, turned out to be pretty exciting! We decided to celebrate by going out to Cheesecake factory. It was a lot of fun to just be together. We couldn't do anything too exciting because we had to leave at 6:15 the next morning for a 10 day trip. However, we were both up at 1 AM, 2 AM, 4 AM, 5 AM etc. with our heads in the toilet. How romantic! We're pretty sure it was food poisoning. eek! My episode had a little longer lasting effects and I threw up on both legs of our flight to Boise. But by the time I got to La Grande, I had kept a chicken nugget down for about 3 hours, definitely a record. I was starving inside! At least Aria wasn't sick.Once we got to Oregon, this was the go-to place to find Aria. Right next to Baby Teager... She loved this little gal!It snowed! Aria could not even help herself... LOVED it! Due to a little mix-up we had to go get this coat and moon boots! I have to admit, I'm not that sad. I think they're pretty darn cute....I'm gonna get you Daddy!Yay for Christmas PJ's! So cute... little muffin!The highlight of Christmas Eve was getting to be Mary. That has been a major feature this Christmas season. Every blanket automatically becomes a head dress for Mary. She finally got to actually act it out... with baby Teagan. Can you say heaven?I swear, I'm a good Mom most of the time... Good night!Good morning!
Stockings and breakfast!Santa brought a train!1st totally awesome picture with our brand new totally awesome camera! Yay! I love my new baby!Cute couple. I just loved this pic.We had a great time with the Pettit's, we were sad to leave, but excited to see my own family. We held Christmas there that night! The princess shoes were already on, and here comes the crown!pure glee!"I don't want to go to bed!"Kubb was a big hit with both families! We played this all the time in St. George. We all loved it! Thanks, Jason and Erin!
Merry Christmas everyone!

Comments

Raquel said…
Looks like you guys had a good trip. Serisouly Aria looks so grown up! I love your blog header by the way.
Unknown said…
The pics with your new camera are awesome! You are super talented. So I'm guessing you guys decided on a name for baby boy Pettit? I don't remember that one being one of your options. Maybe I'm just forgetful. Did you decide on a middle name?

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...