Skip to main content

family friends faith and food

 This was one of the most special and memorable Thanksgivings I've ever had. I love spending time cooking with family and growing to love and know everyone a little better. We especially loved getting to know Michaila a little better.

We loved this meal. Everything was delicious!


We had 6 different types of pie, homemade rolls, the best stuffing on the planet, pink turkey... yes it was pink... but we swear it was done and as far as I know, no one has died yet..., mashed potatoes, spinach salad and fruit salad. And those adorable homemade bibs (props to Tabi for her fast sewing skills on her brand new serger.) We had fun playing games, jamming and baking. Wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
The next day we had an exciting opportunity to make a temple trip together. The weather was beautiful and we did some sealings for family members that have gone before. One of the more spiritual experiences that I can remember in my life. I won't forget it.
Mostly because of the wonderful people who were there with us.
After a wonderful lunch and an unforgettable family reunion, we headed off to temple square to see the lights. Our kids LOVED it.






In the visitor's center. Where does she come up with these faces?


Sweet Jefferson loved the flash on the camera.




I think this place is so magical during this season.

Jeff has since picked up the guitar so that he can be like his Daddy. Daddy gets kind of involved in his music.

I got to take some family pics for my wonderful sil. See them here. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too.

Comments

Rae said…
Looks like a great time! Wish we could have been there--thanks for posting the pics!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...