Skip to main content

Jeff's 1!!!

Jefferson turns 1. I can't believe it's been a year. It seems like it was still yesterday. I still remember this too well:

I can't believe how he's changed.

He loves to clap, wave and we think he says I love you back. He plays a funny game where I say 'Mommy' He says 'Daddy'. He thinks it's funny. He's just starting to dance. He likes to mimic a lot of things, including bark like a dog, or a monkey. Growl like lion. He loves to nod and shake his head. Most of all, he likes to eat. Seriously this kid never stops. He sucks his thumb only when he's sleeping, but his thumb looks crazy weird because of the way he sucks on it. He loves books. Loves to open and close doors. He'll play with the kitchen for at LEAST 30 minutes. He crawls awesomely, but still isn't very fast unless someone has a cookie in their hand. Seriously. Or his soccer ball. He says 'more' by sticking his arm straight out and waving at himself. He says 'all done'. He says 'mmmm' 'mmm' While he eats. It's like he's singing. but only when he eats. He loves Aria. They wake up laughing with each other. She'll come and get me after a while and when she leaves he starts to cry. He does great with baby-sitters. But he still loves his mama. He LOVEs being outside, if there's a door open, he'll bee-line it for the door. He stands up on things and can slowly go from standing to sitting without holding on to anything, but he is CHICKEN!!! Scared of everything.... He plays peek-a-boo with us. His favorite word is 'uh-oh'.He is such a light to our family. I can't wait to see who he becomes.

We spent his birthday at Pizza Factory. This is us waiting.

He's totally a Momma's boy.
At Pizza Factory they make Pizzas in the shape of how old you are... so of course we ordered him a number 1. Here he is waiting for his pizza.
"Mom.... where's mine? I'm hungry now!!!!.... It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!"
 
"AH...... PiZZA!!!!! "
"Cut it up faster Mom!" "Oh that feels good." "Good in my tummy.... mmmmmm. "
"Stop taking pictures, Mom. I'm eating!"
This is Aria trying to give her sweet little note to Jefferson. I felt so sad he wasn't interested.

We gave him a tissue box. He LOVED it. Best gift ever for a one-year-old.
I couldn't believe this shot.
or this one. He sat like this for a few minutes. It was so adorable.

Give me CAKE!!!!
mmmmmm... so good. I tried this color burst cupcakes recipe. The cake was so moist. I highly recommend it.
I think he does too.
Happy Birthday Jefferson!

Comments

Wow! I can't believe thats he's already a year!! He has already changed so much since we saw him a few months ago! His hair is getting so blonde! So fun! I can't believe we are going to have four year olds next month!!!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...