Skip to main content

Easter on holiday

 We started the weekend going to the zoo, because Aria had Good Friday off. I had the scare of a life time when I lost Jeff for roughly 5 minutes while they were playing on the playground. He had left the playground and went over to play in the sinks. He didn't know he was lost and I couldn't help but just give him a great big hug. No screaming involved. I was terrified. He loves washing his hands... see rodeo post from before.

That evening we went to piano lessons, as usual. He's slowly warming up to the idea of going to other people's houses. Most of the time he really likes it now. He wouldn't leave this day because he didn't want to give back the high heels. Don't tell his Dad... shhhh.
After piano we went straight to the park for a little get-together with friends.
Jeff loved the jelly beans.
Aria just loved playing with friends.
Saturday, Nate and I were participating in a choir performance for our church... I played probably 20 songs for it. Not sure how I got roped into so many, but it really was quite the experience. I felt the spirit very strongly often and wished I had invited more people to it. It ended up being awesome.

Here's me getting ready... in our 'uniforms.' Nate's so funny sometimes. Note: The words were things I love about Nate on the mirror that I wrote for him for his birthday.

Easter morning! They had a good time. I always include something church-y in the Easter baskets to help remind us of our Savior. We got coloring books and DVDs from Living Scriptures and then a few small toys and candy. Jeff's face says it all.
We had a wonderful Easter feast after church. Our neighborhood is phenomenal. We couldn't have ended up in a better spot. We got invited over for dinner where we had some of the most delicious food I've ever had at a party... and there was a lot of it. It was so fun to feel like a part of a family. They even held a fun little (and by little I mean big) Easter Egg hunt for the kids. Jeff got to be a pro... if you can't tell by now.

After dinner, our other neighbors up the street invited us to participate in an Easter egg hunt and Confetti egg throw. I LOVEd the confetti eggs. They were so fun. Totally doing those every year now.
Here's a picture of the whole clan.

And the highlight of the day is totally this new puppy.
We had a fantastic Easter. Hope you all enjoyed yours!
p.s. most of these pics were taken with my new iphone! Yes we LOVE our iphones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...