Skip to main content

He's back!

Okay, so I'd been planning this trip for quite some time. Why? Because my Bro was coming home!! And I couldn't wait to see him! I'm so glad I was there for it. We missed him. We started the week out by taking swimming lessons with my sister. The kids loved it! And we loved having something to do every morning. Both of them love swimming now which is fantastic!!
 Jeff's favorite part was 'chop' 'chop' timber!' Yep pretty much the biggest kid in his class, but we had fun! Which is the most important thing. :)
 We did it anxiously biding our time until we were able to make it to this glorious day when we got to see this sign on the marquee.
We did this in preparation. I wish we had a picture of the garage. It was the most fun, but there was a terrible windstorm shortly after we put it up. bummer.
We also made these shirts to help welcome him home! Here's Devin modeling it. :)
And finally, the moment we've all been waiting for... Here we are anxiously awaiting at the airport. We're probably the only ones there. :) Luckily there were a lot of 'us'.
Here we are all anxiously awaiting. The plane has landed! Trying to get the first glimpse of him.
As you can imagine... she was feeling pretty anxious...
First sighting!
In my opinion... he looked better than ever.
These are the moments you cherish forever.
 He had a lot of people who care about him!
This moment was my most prized.
The next few days my kids spent a lot of time doing this with Daddy.
We went scouting out photography locations for family night and caught this beauty... poor Devin.
Finally Nate arrived and the party began!
Splash padding. Yes, I just made that a verb.
These two do everything together! And I mean everything.
At the splash pad. having a finger pointer war. And yes. Nate won, but his finger has been damaged ever since. We're still waiting for full recovery. Nate's competitive spirit is pretty strong sometimes. For some reason he forgot that we can't live without his fingers.
We took Aria to see Aladdin at Tuacahn. Her first play! I hope to instill my love for theatre early on.
They had a 3d segment... on an outdoor stage? It was actually pretty cool.
After he left.
I spent time with my friends. Karly taught me how to do this to my hair! I don't think I can do it quite as well as she does, but I'm improving. My bangs look way better all the time now. Yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...