Skip to main content

active thanksgiving

We went to the Houston temple for the first time as a family in November. It was fun to hear a little about it but it was raining off and on which made it kind of dreary. :)
 Nate took Jeff on a few park dates
But mostly we were just getting ready for the big trip to visit Grandma!!
 And of course, it wouldn't be playing if there wasn't any arguing.
 Okay,
So you all know that I've been trying to be a healthier human being lately and it's been really fun (I mean hard) to keep on top of that during the holidays. I just love cookies and cinnamon rolls and pie and rolls, did I mention rolls? But luckily I went to my Mom's for Thanksgiving where, not only is she supportive of helping to make things that I like that are also healthy but also helping me feel like I get my treats when I want them, but then we also do lots of outdoor activities as a family! Which were so awesome.
 On Thanksgiving day we played Kubb! A tradition now that Grandpa Radmall has made sets for everybody. :)
 My brothers think they can model. haha.
 Just because it's cute!
 And look - all ages can play! My family hates when I take action shots, but this is the stuff that I like to remember.
 Then we went for a hike to Johnson's Arch in Snow Canyon.
It was such a beautiful day and really fun to have everybody there.
 2 of my favorite shots ever.
 sand.
 Mom, dad and me can ALMOST squeeze behind Jared.
 say it with me.... aaah.
 Just because I look like a stink bug.
The kids played in the leaves!!!
 
 Jeff says "I'm a cow!!"
 
For Christmas the kids got activities to do. aria's was horsebackriding.
 She rode Morningstar
 Practicing on Red star and Silver
 Nate had just as much or more fun than she did. :)
Jeff got a tractor ride over at my Grandpa's orchard. It started out as fear and shy ness
 

but turned into an indispensable smile by the end.
 
 
 
 
 On the last day we made a visit to the temple... These were a few of my favorites. Hope you had a great thanksgiving too!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...