Skip to main content

my jeffy boy

Jeff.
Sometimes I think about him and think...where do I start?

He has a super contagious laugh. He's still unsure of other people but now instead of scowling, he tries to stick out his tongue as far as it will go and hopes that that will suffice their questioning.

If you ask him how old he is, he will say "2 and 3!"

He always says 'I'm Hungry!' when what he really means to say is...'Will you please get me a drink of milk?' (Yeah right, I must be dreaming...) But really you always have to clarify if he's really hungry or thirsty.

He loves to tell scary Monster stories. His eyes always get huge and I can't really tell what he's saying all the time, but I'm sure it's scary. He loves Monsters.

We watch one of 3 movies every day. Cars, Cars 2 or Monsters Inc. He's really cheerful most of the time when I have to cart around Aria to school and when we head off to piano lessons.

He still takes about 3 hour naps in the afternoon.

He can make up stories with his cars for hours.

He loves the park and he especially loves riding his trike.

He loves pointing out dogs. He loves going to the gym with me..(That means he gets to watch dinosaur train.) His big gift from us this year, is that he gets to ride the train down at Herman Park. He's been looking forward to it for months now. He loves pointing out trains. He loves to see the elephants at the zoo. He also really likes to brush the goats. (Last year he wouldn't even come near them.)

He likes to do things by himself. Today, he just undid the buttons on his dress shirt.

He has the best puppy dog face in the world. Almost everyone caves, including me. which is quite the feat I might add.

He loves to sing. and hum. and make all sorts of noises with his mouth. We still think he's super loud. When it's a song he likes on the radio he wants me to blast it out of the car, he'll ask me to turn it up. always.... if not then he wants it turned off. :)

Books he loves: The Principal from the Black Lagoon, Go Away Big green Monster!, Going to the Zoo and Mickey Mouse Learns to Fly.

Songs he loves: Skinnamarink,  the Hokey Pokey, Articles of Faith songs, Family night songs,

Favorite words:
Elevator = Alligator, Unicorn = acorn


Prayers: He always prays "Grateful that Mommy can go to weight watchers..."

When going to bed you must repeat him when he says: "Good Night!" "I Love you." It has to be in that order and right after he says it. There is no other way.

Comments

Emily said…
Your children are growing so fast and getting cuter every day. Have you seen the I am a Child of God Mormon Message? There is a boy in it who looks a lot like Jeff! You are looking more gorgeous than ever!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...