Skip to main content

January

 January was a wonderful month. Really it was....
I started out my birthday with a bang by getting a citation dismissed! It was actually utterly fascinating and I would totally go to court to try and pay less if possible from now on. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks it's totally lame and tries to come in. Most get it for at least less than what it was initially. It was definitely fun.(not fun.) But then I got to go to Olive Garden for my birthday where they gave us almost half our bill for free and Nate bought me his first ever splurge gift. Yep... we've been married 9 years and he got me an ipad mini. Do I deserve it? Probably not. Can we afford it? Probably not too. But what's $500 when we're about to spend WAY more than that on 'goodwill' in a few months. :)
Jeff and I spend a lot of time hanging out waiting for dance class. One day I decided to make the most of it and we practiced writing names. Here he had written Dad, and was so excited to show him when we got home. I need to figure out ways to get him motivated to write like this. He doesn't like to do anything when I ask him to. ugh.
We also went to visit this beautiful exhibit in the children's museum full of original artwork, books, and 'whoville' Aria loved reading yertle the turtle and Jeff LOVES green eggs and ham. What a fun Dr. Suess exhibit.
Most of these beautiful pictures are from the one day when Aria got sick. Poor thing... she could not stop reading. But she really did not feel good. It was good for us to slow down for a little bit and not do anything. I don't think we were quite ready to go back to school.
 Jeff's become a little obsessed with taking pictures lately... I wonder where he gets that from..
 Aria tried over and over to get her legs up and over that bar. Finally she did it! Look at that smile. Full of pride. These are some of my favorite moments ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...