Skip to main content

July

 I really just enjoyed being with my kids in July. Nate started his new job. It's definitely been a transition, but it's been so exciting that we have the prospect of doing something great. I am loving having him home in the evenings so much.
 
 For the 4th of July we sang a version of the star spangled banner at our ward party, had a fun and yummy breakfast and then headed to Bellaire for the parade. These two are just meant for each other.
 I was so excited we got to watch one of my very favorite movies of all time. Mary Poppins. They actually really enjoyed it. I was surprised because they usually turn their noses up at live action. They were obviously enthralled and I realized that I have my very own Jane and Michael. They are just like them.
 My friend Mindy, throws amazing parties. I'm so glad I can be her friend so she can invite me to her cool parties. She is so great, really. This one was a flower garden. We were all supposed to wear white dresses and we made our own flower crowns. It was so fun.


Here's us mooing on free chick-fil-a day.
 We got out our best superhero capes and masks at the children's museum with our good friends Jack and Nolan.

We got a new car!!! We're only minorly obsessed.
Only type A people like me... read their manual...

The kids kinda like it too.. :)
Aria CHOPPED her hair. See below. I'd almost forgotten how thick and gorgeous it was... but the new 'do totally fits her.
 
We used our new car to spend the rest of the summer's mfah's extravaganzas... made browsing for parking way more fun. We also spent EVERY week at the art museum. it was super fun to visit the 'new countries' every week via their artwork. They had puzzles and activities for everything and it was so fun just to be us.
 Building our own gold crowns like those from Africa...
The summer months are the ones we spend inside at our house. Here we're taking a new spin on quirkle.
We spent most of July's mornings taking tennis lessons. They were kinda lame, but really free, which what I'm all about anyway.. :) The kids liked it a lot. This is their last day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...