Skip to main content

January-February

 We have spent countless hours riding scooters/bikes back and forth in this little corner of our parking lot. I'm writing this in June shortly before we move out of this, our home, and forgive me if I sound a little nostalgic. But our scooter rides here have been amazing. And so unique. Living here has been an experience unlike anything we will ever forget.
 We are able to hop over to the zoo almost on a whim and we love it there so much. Here we are by the okapi's and Nate loves taking photos of me. Silly man. I love him soo much.
 I threw myself a birthday party this year. I had to live up being 30! And to be frank, one of my loves is actually throwing a party. We had a ton of fun and I'm so glad I did it. 30 has been really life changing so far and I can't wait to see what my next decade brings.
 This is my last year with Jeff at home with me all the time. We get to spend some time alone together. Here we are at the Children's museum. He got really into these golf ball hills, I'm sure he was learning something about velocity. :)
 We met our friend Jack there for a portion of it, and these boys LOVED climbing to the top.
 In February, Grandma sent us a valentine's box... my favorite was the heart breaker shirt that Jeff loved because it was red and he loved calling it his heart breaker shirt even though he had no idea what it means.
 Aria made a "pinata" in school to celebrate spanish day... :) We are going to miss our school so much.
 Remember those scooter rides? Here we stopped at the commuter lot to take advantage of the gigantic parking lot. Weekends are much emptier though. :)
 I put this photo in here just to prove that I'm a good Mom. That's all.
 Jeff went to Marvel universe live with his Daddy and one of his best friends. He was totally on cloud 9.
 He talks about it often. It probably doesn't help that we live next to the nrg stadium... I have to explain it to all the visitors because jeff wants everyone to know that he saw the superheroes there.
 In February, he finally came through on the monkey bars. These low height ones helped set him going when he wasn't afraid of falling down a long ways, but now (in June) he loves doing monkey bars at all heights and very fast. He's very good at all things concerning his body.
 Here we are celebrating valentine's day. We had the best day ever. We had a heart shaped picnic lunch with some dear friends, with pizza pockets, veggies and a s'mores mix. A family trip to the park. and We finished the day off by putting the kids to bed early so we could have an at home date complete with filet mignon, sauteed garlic broccoli and a wonderfully planned romantic evening with my hubby. I am so blessed.
 Jeff requested olive garden for his birthday.
He's so funny when people come around that he doesn't know...

And Mcdonald's for his birthday party!!
 It was perfect and so easy. Hallelujah.
Superman now has his own theme music. Thanks grandpa!
http://instagram.com/p/zYoOH9wQq7/
 Here the kids are at the Houston rodeo parade. They loved it!!
After the rodeo, they had fun rolling down the hill... So fun for Houston.

 I love volunteering at the school auction every year and this was my favorite theme so far. I find it particularly fitting that American Pharoah won the triple crown the year we celebrated in kentucky derby style. I loved wearing a hat and we even saw someone wearing a pink argyle suit. what!?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...