Skip to main content

Aria's month

 We made a little garden party for Aria's 8th birthday party. We made flower head wreaths and watched the Secret Garden. It was so fun to plan it this year. I was happy Aria let me pretty much do what I pleased, but I think she was happy with all of it. I sent Nate to the store for some flowers and he picked out these beauties.
 Because I was also using these as decorations for her baptism, I went a little overboard with the decorations this year. We had fruit cones, cupcakes in the shape of an 8 (per Aria's request) popcorn, and marshmallow cups. and water with fun straws.

 The best part of this party was that it was a "secret". Aria had no idea it was happening. It was so fun for all of her friends to keep it a surprise too.


They had fun eating and watching.
 Before everyone left we took pictures of them with their flower wreaths.
 The next day we went to Austin for Easter. In between sessions we went and played frisbee golf. It was cold and windy but a lot of fun! And the wildflowers on the drive there were gorgeous. Here the blue bonnets are interrupting our frisbee throwing. :)
 Aria was cold and decided my fashion scarf would keep her just a little bit warmer.
 We went swimming!! it was a little cold, but luckily they have a hot tub. That made it bearable. :) Aria didn't seem to mind though.
 While the men were at priesthood session we decorated some eggs. It was fun to keep this tradition alive this year. Sometimes we don't get to it, but we loved doing it this year with cousin Megan.
And who can't help but have a pillow fight on a long conference Sunday!

 The next morning we hid them along with the confetti eggs and the church eggs and had fun doing our traditional easter devotional.
 Hunting eggs is such a fun part of Easter.
 For Aria's birthday, she got a polaroid camera. I'm seriously so jealous. This was the first picture she took.
 Here we are on our scooter ride again.
 The kids got new bikes though, so those are the new favorite. They each got them for their birhday. I think Jeff is ready to get rid of the training wheels but
 Aria's is a gorgeous city bike. I wish I had one.
 While we were in Austin we went on a canoe ride of Lady Bird Lake. It was beautiful. Felt a little like I imagine central park would feel. Green expanses in the middle of gigantic buildings.
 Nate went to a bunch of conferences this month. One in particular made him pull an all nighter in the airport. It was awful. Just awful. United. Curse you.

 Jeff likes to build temples often.
 Her new bike!
 We went to a dental festival at the zoo. The kids loved getting their faces painted.

They also won a gigantic gigaball which we threw away after one use, but sure enjoyed it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...