Skip to main content

From the scariest friendliest house in town.

 Happy October from our new little ghosty friends...By far my favorite halloween decoration I own.
 Conference was a joy this year. In between sessions we had some fun park dates and bbqs - although since we're in Texas, we should probably just call it a grill-out.
 The kids kept these little journals all through conference. They are a total treasure to me - I think you can see why.
 Daddy's favorite aspect of conference is getting walked on by the kiddos. I think he's totally ridiculous, but who am I to judge... I don't want 70 lb. children massaging my muscles though...
 Seriously one of the best things about Houston is beach days in October. We met up with some old friends and had a total blast.
 It did end up being super windy this time though...
 Apparently every year, our ward has a kickball game on school holiday. I had no idea what to expect and it was way more intense than I had previously anticipated. The kids had fun. Jeff scored two runs and missed touching home plate both times. #feeling lucky..
 I guess we liked taking pictures on Sundays... not sure why, but for your viewing pleasure...




 Nate spent much of October in Orlando...  First he lectured at the Maxillofacial Prosthodontics meeting where he presented his research. Then, the following week, Grandpa and Grandma Radmall came and watched the kids while I accompanied Nate on a crazy test session to try and pass the boards. He spent most of his time like this...night
 and day... and if you can't tell I took both these pictures from the comfort of my bed. Yep. Loved it.
 I did eventually get dressed for the day and I always wanted to be there to support him, as close as they'd let me be anyway... This couch and I became friends while I was there.
 On Monday, I talked Nate into taking a 6 hour break. I know.... hard to believe, right? We went and visited the magical world of Harry Potter. On our way we stopped at lime.
 We visited Hogwarts castle.
 Tried some yummy butter beer.
 and wandered around diagon alley.
 All the details were so fun. And it was great just spending some time together. We haven't ever done anything like this since we've had kids, and although it was a very stressful trip, we discovered each other in new ways and new lights that really deepened our love for each other. I'm super grateful for him.
 We ended the night at the hot tub, resting our aching feet. It was fun feeling a little bit of freedom in that way.
 The last day we were there, I took a trip to the temple while Nate readied himself for the last exam. I loved the purple couches inside.
  When we got back I finally got up the courage to get me my new glasses! Thanks Mom, I needed an outside but honest opinion.
 The night before they left, we got to go to the trunk or treat.
 The kids insisted on a decorated trunk this year... it's only a bummer that we parked next to the car with the ipad eyeballs. - animated.

 Nate and I decided to be red food items. We kind of matched our color scheme for sure...
 I was a strawberry...

 and Nate was a bottle of sriracha sauce.
Funny story, we went to our neighborhood block party dressed up like this and Nate got a key chain sriracha bottle from one of our neighbors... She thought only a fellow sriracha lover should have it. :)

 Aria wanted to be the wicked witch of the west.
 She's melting!!!

 Talk about drama.
 And Jeff was 'darf' vader!
 I'm sure he's making dramatic faces under his mask.
 I think we made a pretty good team...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...