Skip to main content

Two Turkeys

 The glasses came! I love being able to watch movies again...
 
I started a 3 month long venture in painting this wall in Aria's room. It turned out so cute, but I can't show you until my post airs for January. We gotta keep it real folks. Aria and I love it. It's so fun and it's still mature enough that she can grow into it for several years.
 We finallly went to visit the water wall at Williams Tower in Houston. It's pretty impressive, I have to say. It's loud and wet. But just fun.
 I love doing things with this man of mine.
 I only half hate that I have to share him with my friends...
 
 We also had a fun trip to the zoo. It was cold, but it's definitely one of our favorite things to do as a family. This time we got to see the rhinos fight. Silly brothers....
 Jeff had a special Thanksgiving feast at school. I got to go help and loved spending time with him. He likes to pretend I'm not there and ignore me as much as possible.
 We hosted Thanksgiving this year. I had so much fun setting a table for it and making all sorts of yummy food. We had Megan and Alex (our kids' favorite ever...) and a friend from Nate's hometown - Micah and his wife Heidi Blake (Who now also works for Nate) and their daughter. It was fun doing the traditional Thanksgiving stuff... like cooking and kubb.
 The kids made their own Thanksgiving dinner out of legos. My favorite part was the 7 up salad... which included lettuce leaves and a bottle of 7 up. (It's actually a lemon jello). They made two turkeys and we actually had two turkeys... :)
 We went to NASA Johnson Space Center... although this exhibit wasn't open yet, we enjoyed doing all sorts of things like seeing the original control center, life like shuttle controls and the future of the international space station.
 One of our favorite spots is the rocket garden. This is the only complete saturn V because it never ended up launching.
 Everyone calls her my mini me but I think she looks just like her Daddy. I love spending time with her, either way. She is a beauty and a smarty pants. I'm super happy to have her in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...