Skip to main content

Waiting for the pop

17 weeks! Still waiting for the pop!
I was pretty proud that I was still in my normal pants, just using a rubber band.
I was feeling her move a little... I think Nate had felt her at this point, but not the kids yet.... I was feeling so blessed. Still a little sick at this point but not as bad. It was manageable.
Aria went to a fun art party for her friend. The only problem was that the people there pretty much painted the flowers for them which totally made them useless in my mind.
We had fun in Houston during spring break. Playdoh time was one of our favorites...Jeff loved giving him cavities.
Aria loved her glasses.
It was fun going to the rodeo this year. Because I was still feeling sick, we waited until the last minute to buy tickets, but I'm glad we went. The kids had a great time. We definitely waited in line to take the escalators this time though. I'd already walked far enough in my tired body. It's amazing how tired pregnancy makes you feel.

On Thursday of Spring Break we went to the art museum. Although I think the kids are kind of getting sick of me taking them to the art museum. I'm obsessed when they do things like this. They try to find a piece of art to sketch and they choose this one....And then they sit on the same chair. Jeff's sketch ended up being a trash can and a truck. Aria drew a person with different animals for every limb. Sometimes I wonder what I'm teaching my children... :)
This is just proof that Jeff is the worst for posing in photos.
Tickles and neck wrangling are definitely required...
Hi Eve! :)
One of our favorite activities this spring break was going to the beach.
Trying out a hat... I think I look nerdy... but I love how it keeps the sun out.
sand castles are so fun. I love them. Here we built a castle to protect the giant mother turtle. Save the turtles! Go byu.
At the time I was thinking this was the first of many trips to the beach for our little Eve. It ended up being 1 of 2 trips but I'm so glad I documented her stay here. Despite that I was a little self conscious of my body.
Jeff loved throwing this out and then chasing it back in.
Boogie boards are quickly becoming our favorite thing at the beach.
Again, I hated these at the time, but I only wish I looked so beautiful all the time.
I may be seeing my through Nate's eyes a little.
Nate turned 33!! He requested sonic milkshakes and a movie.
Honestly, I'm pretty sure Nate thought it was a dream. We saw Zootopia.
I spent a lot of March visiting wards for my new calling. Yep! Stake Primary Music chair. I'm obsessed with Primary Music, but with this little pregnant body, I found it utterly exhausting. But here I'm relishing in all my glory because I just beat everybody in a game of memory.
The next day we found out that baby Eve was definitely a girl!!!

We already had known that she was a girl but we just needed it verified. We found out fairly early on via through separate and distinct revelations that her name was going to be LaRee.
We bought silly string for the kids and took off the caps so that the color would tell them if it was going to be a boy or girl. As you can see! They were thrilled!!! Especially this girl.


Trey and Julie came to visit for Easter. One of our favorite stops was our stop at Froberg's for strawberries.
It was actually a nice temperature...
I'm like perfectly pregnant in these pictures. I was feeling good again. Not so tired and not so sick.
It was a little late in coming but I loved this time.
Froberg's farm is relaly quite beautiful.

Because we really have a hard time looking at the sun.
And Jeff again... is the worst at taking pictures.
Strawberries galore!!
The kids loved jumping and climbing these haystacks at the entrance. It makes me itchy just looking at it.
The next day we went on the Port of Houston tour. It was interesting to see the ship channel.
I was hoping they'd actually talk about it a little more but it ended up being pretty 'self-guided.'
Too bad we know NOTHING about the port of Houston, but we were sure glad they gave us drinks!


After that we went to go visit Battleship Texas.
The highlight again was shooting the guns.
swab the deck, swab the deck...
Jeff's favorite part was the engine room. He was even more than happy to pose for a picture. I was so glad to see him come so alive.
We all decided that tall people would not be happy on this ship. There definitely must've been some goose eggs.
Aria wanted me to take this picture and send it to her teacher Ms. Dutra. I think Ms. Dutra had shown a similar picture to her earlier in the week with her pointing to it. Aria's adorable.

And beautiful. She found out lots about how many times the Battleship Texas had been hit. It turns out not very many times, but it blew up the cockpit which was kind of scary I'm sure...
They'd opened up a lot more floors this time. It was fun to explore a little more.
These shells weigh 2000 lbs. each.
We also went to the San Jacinto Monument with the fam...
Me and my bestie...
Jeff jamming with Grandpa

We also went to the butterfly exhibit. It was so fun.
We had fun making circus animal Easter eggs this time. We went to Easter dinner at our friend, Beaute's house and Nate made the funeral potatoes himself. I can't believe the cook he's becoming. I did make the banana cake though.. :)

You know you're pregnant when you get weepy when you get invited to a friend's house for a family Easter egg hunt and it reminds you of your own family's traditions and how much you miss them. I live in Texas. I still claim Utah. Moving is hard. Pregnancy makes you crazy. I made guacamole deviled eggs to make me feel better... it totally worked. :)
And baby Eve. I miss her at this stage. #evielaree

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...