Skip to main content

Mamacita's month

Early in May we went to see Megan and Alex for Mother's Day. We had fun playing at the park with Alex. Aria is a champ at the monkey bars.
 Nate and Alex planned cooking for us for all THREE meals that day. It was such a nice and thoughtful thing to do. Here we are at early breakfast... :) Gotta love 9 am church.
But the main reason we went to their house was to celebrate Megan and her baby girl! I was so excited to be a month apart. Secretly wishing I was a month ahead of her, not behind. Little did I know, that my baby girl would be making her appearance before hers.

 When Nate's parents came to visit us over Easter weekend we spent a good portion of the time planting some citrus trees. In attempt to get the trees rooted in, we are supposed to make sure the tree spends all of it's effort putting in it's roots and not growing fruit. Early in May Jeff and I picked off our little tiny citri. :)
 They smelled really good. About 6 months pregnant right here... :)
 We love having a little bit of yard to play in.
The kids made up their own wrestling game. They did it for several weeks. Here's the demonstration. Sorry it's sideways....

 Nate read 5 books as part of the skeeter's program and got 2 tickets to the Skeeters game for free. Jeff and Daddy had a great time at the game. It was a great game, unfortunately it was on a school night so they had to leave before it ended.
 Jeff thought that the game always involved inflatable games, etc. So when we went back a little later, he was a little bummed. :)
 We were playing games as a family one evening in May. 6.5 months here. I hated these pictures when I saw them, but I honestly look at these now and think I look so beautiful. Glowing. Thin in the face and the neck. Hindsight is always 20/20.
 This is Aria's last year of All That Jazz. She loved these girls and I'm grateful for the fun time they all had together.

 "Castle on a Cloud" from Les Miserables
 Hard Knock Life

 Chiquita Banana...:)

 Just love her so much. She has quite the cute little character. The Rainbow Connection:

After we got home I was exhausted. Nate was back at it taking pictures of me again. So tired this pregnancy.
 Jeff got his tooth knocked out by a soccer ball to the face. Jeff was so proud!

 One day after church.  
My post from Instagram: What a difference 9 weeks makes! #26weeks #shedefinitelypopped #babysis #notinnormalpantsanymore #howamifeeling? #rainbowsandbutterfliesandunicorns #codeforsleeplessandbreathlessandheartburn #blessed #wemeetherin3months

 Jeff has become such a good reader lately. He is amazing. I took a picture in hopes to capture his age right now because he probably won't fit in that basket much longer #nonfictionreader #myjeffyboy #babynomore
 About 6 months ago, we took out Aria's earring because they had Earrings, 2nd attempt #atthedoctorsofficethistime #whendidshegrowup #lilmissaria #finishedharrypotter5whilewewerewaiting
 The 2nd to last day of school the 3rd graders FINALLY went on their field trip. I'm sad we didn't get to do it earlier, but I'm glad that I got to go with them. They're a fun group of girls and we LOVE the Houston Zoo!
 The pools were open all of the weekends in May. it was fun to go as a family. Especially with Evie. Yep... squeezed that belly into a swimsuit. :)
 Jeff didn't get a classroom award. Mrs. Castro tried to make up for it. He almost didn't like all the attention. He might not show it but he's glowing inside.
 Jeff took it very well in every other kid got one, when I informed his teacher he was missed, she gave him an entire box of fruit snacks to make up for it. #myjeffyboy #theinjustice #allhewantedwasafruitsnack #buthewasprettyproudheendedupwiththeleaderaward #lovehim
 1st grade: Here I Come! #myjeffyboy #withthebelovedmscastro #hesgrownsomuchthisyear #physicallyandmentally
Finally, these are the only two videos we will ever have specifically of Eve. I spent a lot of time on this couch with this beautiful girl. It's nice to have this memory now. I still miss her so much. But her tiny kicks here verify for me how very real and alive her spirit was. I love her fiercely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...