Skip to main content

Doe, Ray, Me, Fa, Bones

We got some really good news in October - Nate passed his Prosthodontic board examinations. I am seriously so proud of him for performing so well. Although it took a lot of stress and studying to get to this point, I'm so glad he was able to put himself out there and try again even whilst being afraid of failing. But we know now more than ever that things like this don't matter much in the grand scheme of things but I do know that this was God's will so maybe this will be beneficial in the future.
I went to my friend Az's shower. She looked so beautiful, it was fun to see her again and congratulate her on her new journey with her love.
I took Jeff out to take some pictures in the marigolds. It was fun. He is such a good sport I love him so much.
Beach days in October here in Galveston are magical #lovemycrew #n8man #myjeffyboy #lilmissaria #matterhorn #makingmountainsoutofbeaches #upandup #surfside #evielaree
The kids had a day off and we spent it making gingerbread skeletons and making new friends. #bakingwithkidsishard #letitgo #soyummy #somuchformydiet #lifestylechange #ww5sp #lilmissaria #myjeffyboy #paradise
Loved this picture Jeff made me. #electric guitar.
Chelsea came to visit for a little bit. It was so fun! The frog peed on me. She didn't realize that Houston was so cool. :)
Drumming at the zoo with one of my favorite nephews. #theyreallmyfavorite #ezforprez #lilmissaria #doeadeer #zooboo #pumpkngsandorangutansandkomododragonsohmy

Chelsea came to visit me for now reason a all. We laughed until we cried. We cried. She showed up and now this big ol' house feels empty again. We can't wait until they can come again. #sisters #welookalike? #theartisticone #evieproject #kanabhouse #toothpickdrop
We painted this. We're obsessed.
It's such a good depiction of my Mom's childhood home. With selling it this past year, we found it only fitting to give her a version of the way we remembered it.

I finally got the kids really put together. Thanks to my friend Kalina, the day of the ward trunk-or-treat.
I think this was actually my best make-up stint.
Their Dad took these and he definitely gets the best expressions out of them.
They're so cute, I just adore them.

Pretty sure Mr. Bones there in the middle bit off more than he could chew #donutonastring To be fair, I thought he had a chance because of how big Jeff can open his mouth... but Apparently he's not the only one. #wholedonutgoneinonebite #myjeffyboy #skeleton #nexttimebud
Trunk or treat time! I may have been madly finishing costumes today. It definitely caught up with me this year. But this little "deer" of mine was so brave and thoughtful and asked a friend to come with us. Tey came and had a great time. #missionarymoment #lilmissaria #doeadeer #proudmama #braverthanme#siennaplantation #kalinabsews
I got lots of comments on this little guy on Sunday #primaryprogram This is about how he looks when he sings... And he has never been a quiet child. He may have been the loudest one up there. And he was one of only a few with a speaking part. "Did you know there are 15 books in the book of Mormon? Sister Butler taught us this wonderful song to help us become more familiar." #lovehim #myjeffyboy #gapmodel #notwearinggap #thathairthough #scrumptious #greengrayeyestoday #imatchedhisclothes
Sweet and spice and everything nice. #sriracha #icecreamcone#favoritefoods #lovemyman #halloween2016 #mummydogs #oneholidaycloser #prettysureshewouldhavebeensnowwhite #justlikehersister #n8man #evielaree
Can't forget my "cherries"
We JUST discovered snap chat. My kids especially think the filters are awesome. They love them so much. So when we came up with ideas for their Halloween costume. This was on the TOP of Aria's list. I know there's no floral head wreath but we went with the deer. She loved it except that when she tried to run from house to house, the antlers kept falling off. She looked adorable though.
She had so many ideas for poses it was actually really fun to photograph her.

Jeff on the other hand, didn't want to cooperate at all but I think that makes him look a little more eerie.
I mean seriously. Does he always have to be something scary?
And we're done taking pictures. or he's just got his scary face on.
I can't believe how close these two have gotten. they're really such a good team and were so cooperative when I didn't really want to do much this year.
Happy Halloween from the Pettit kids!
Gratitude turns a meal into a feast, a house into a home and us into enough. #godblessamerica #evielaree #thankful
This was Evie's pumpkin. This pretty much represents her in my heart right now. Broken but full of light. Missed her a lot this Halloween. Time will heal, I hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...