Skip to main content

Another Day of Sun

We started out November right by celebrating the 50th day of school!! #hetotallyrockedit #justneedsaleatherjacket #heeeeeyyyyy #1950s #myjeffyboy #converse  I told him that those shoes are what basketball players actually wore in the 50s. He was okay wearing them after he found out that tidbit of information.


I'm finally getting brave enough to start doing substantial service projects. This was one of the first ones we did and we did it together as a family. It was so humbling to walk into this home for homeless people carrying beef stroganoff for 20 people. It felt warm and friendly. We parked next to a van that had around 6 kids in it just hanging out. The trunk visibly full to the brim with just stuff. Realising that their entire belongings were likely in that car I became so grateful for the home I have that's too big for my family and All the things in it. Our ward makes home cooked meals for this home every month but up until today I hadn't felt up to cooking for myself, let alone 20 extra. They don't tell us who they are just their ages. There were 6 month old twins in this lot. Evie would have been 5 months old yesterday. Made me feel like I was doing this for her. Even though they likely won't eat what I made... ;) #maybericecereal? Happy 5 months, beautiful Evie. I still miss you so much, but I'm grateful to know that you are working hard in God's work on the other side of the veil. I love you!! #evieproject #evielaree #fortbendfamilypromise #lilmissaria #service #payitforward

Jeff lost both of his front teeth in the same night! #alliwantforchristmas #myjeffyboy  #hangingbyathreadformonths #mommypulledoneout  #withoutconsent #jeffpulledouttheother #withconsent

I had a million and one things to do Thursday night and knew it was close to impossible to participate in our school's family night cardboard build. Jeff REALLY wanted to go. At first I told him no, and his disappointment was so calm and sad. I took a moment to reassess my situation and decided on what was really important. Spending a quick 30 minutes with my son, building a shark, was one of the best 30 minutes I've ever had. HE is most important. Always. Sometimes I just forget. #shark #evieproject #isntitabouttime #wearefamily
The kids wanted to learn how to play Spades!! The tradition lives on. We are a face card family. Always havebeen. #okayokayiconvertedn8 But last night the kids learned how. #spades #fhe #lilmissaria #myjeffyboy #n8man #nextcomespinochle #butwhatif

#yepwetalkaboutitafter #strategy #jeffcriedwhenhelost #radmallmuch? HE didn't want me taking a picture of him crying. #poorguy

Jeff's dreams came true and he got to play 500 with the big boys. This kid's got an arm on him #hedidntgetitfromme #robertselementary #almamater #serbianparty #wannabe #problemcamewhentheywantedtoplayactualfootball #theywantedhimtobethebq #ithinktheymeantqbbud #ohwell
When your husband drags you all the way across town to see a quintet play music - especially when you're draggng your feet the whole way and you have every excuse under the sun - he all of a sudden gets huge kudos because it was beautiful. #terranostra #gorgeouschapel #modern #latinamericancomposersandperformers
#evieproject

 a long lost friend from our previous home was there #shealsohasastillbornchild #evielaree
This is the view from my Dad's office. Yeah, it's pretty rotten. #jealous #stgeorge #temple #home #imamormon
My Mom insisted on taking some cousin pictures. I'm glad she likes it, but I won't ever be using it in my home. Evie's not in it. :( But I did get this awfully adorable one of Ezra. I just might be his favorite Aunt.
 
Aria and Charlotte are super cute together too. I love watching them interact with each other.


Loved this comic.
The kids called this MT. St. George. #afterthefamousmtrushmore This was definitely Hazel's favorite part of the trip. 
 Hikes with Grandma are so fun! The kids wanted to hike more than the planned trail so we kept going #andgoingandgoing. We may have paved our own trail for a little bit #whoops but we made it back safe and sound #turtletrail #castlerock
I am the luckiest mama in the world. #tinywriting #firstgrade #worde=ward #ochristmastree #standwithoutyourmom

 Here's Aria's. It's adorable too.
 My Grandpa is one of the kindest and greatest people I've ever met. He's generous with his time talents and his listening ear. #hesstillgotit #a2secondconversationwithhim #didyouvotefortrump? #itellhimno #goodforyou #haha #hesademocrat #educator #memory #bellbottomtrousers #ileftmyheartatthestagedoorcanteen #grandpaswallow #familypianonight

 

I love this little picture of our whole family. Merry Christmas Evie!
Evie, you were a miracle from heaven. I've always felt peaceful, in this, your little corner of the world. But this time I remembered the reason I had to be joyful. I spent several hours making this tree for you. I have one at my house too and it helps me to feel you close when I look at it. My heart still breaks when I think about you, but my soul feels comfort knowing that because of our Savior, you are rocking it on the other side accomplishing all sorts of amazing stuff. And that someday, you'll be my baby again. I love that your light, my Evie light, shows in this picture. #thekidsplayedtag #hazelchasedthem #stillhollowedground #reverencetakesallforms #evielaree #6months #santaclaracemetery


We couldn't have made it these last 6 months without them. #happythanksgiving #evielaree #howwedoblackfriday #jaredtoo #hestakingthepicture #jaredisthebodyguard
The day after Thanksgiving we went to go set up Evie's tree. It was fun to play there and enjoy each other's company.
I am super grateful for my entire family and their support this past year.
Jeff's a ham.

The 10 or 15 minutes It takes to develop a connection with someone is minimal in the grand scheme of things. Do something for someone today. #lighttheworld #grandpaswallow #andtakeanewspaper #evieproject #allthefeels #evielaree #myjeffyboy #lilmissaria 😍
Thanksgiving dinner. It was fun being around everyone again.
I love it here. It's so fun. The kids did the tree by themselves this year. I can't believe how big they are getting.
 
 And again. Nate just likes to photograph me. Doing absolutely nothing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...