Skip to main content

clinging and flinging

 The first week in January we always spend some time writing Thank you notes for gifts we received. I love seeing what the kids come up with in their Thank you Cards. Here's one they wrote to Nate's partner and his wife.
 Hazel is getting so big. I'm definitely alpha, but she doesn't always love me best. She goes to extremes to make sure she gets rubbed.
 I love it when she sticks her bum in my face.
 I've been trying to spend more time with Jeff so when he asked me to play paddleball in my skirt, I totally conceded. #he's spoiled rotten

In January I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the choir songs and making recordings for them.
 This view is a common occurrence this time of year.
 The kids were super into battleship. We love having this little game table in this room. It's ended up being a great place for us to hang out as a family. Just like I wanted it to be.
 I tested out the idea of writing Eve's name out myself for her gravestone. The idea was shortlived and it looked way less awesome on the computer than I thought it looked on paper. It brought to light all the imperfections when put in the computer.
 My baby girl decided it would be fun to change her look.
 I love her with bangs. She isn't sure about either way, but I'm glad she tries new things!
 Our friends got the new pie in the face game. I discovered that my kids are way too competitive.
 Neither of them ended up with pie in their face.
 My new sunbeams!!! I am obsessed with this new class. We learned about how we are children of God. That makes us all queens and kings. I love teaching them every week.
 One week, I found Jeff practicing piano like this. Should a mother correct this or just let it be? #iletitbe #myjeffyboy #basketballsleeve😂 #pianoplayer #practicing #hesakeeper❤️
 I turned 32! Nate totally gets me. He took me out for a fancy dinner, and then we went and saw lalaland which I was dying to see.
 But we also spent time with my kids. Someone wrote me a song for my birthday. Best gift ever. #soundslikeahoedown #lilmissaria #texasinfluence #jeffjudged #hewantedcreditforhelpingherperfectit #32 #bestbirthdayweekendever #tonys #lalaland #cottoncandy #sparklers #gamenight #oneofmysunbeamscalledmetheirhero #makemyheartmelt
Somebody in our house loves people food. #shesreallygoodatlookingcute #officialdishrinser #hazelmae #oranges


It was my birthday a week or two ago. #32 My babe planned a night out for just the two of us. A fancy meal, funded by gift cards (making it guilt free, financially) #doesheknowmeorwhat #weevenskippedthecostofvalet #parkedablockawayandwalkedup #nerdy #ouraccordwouldnthavemeshedwiththelexusmercedesbmwpatterntheyhadgoing #foodwasyummyandpretty followed by an amazing movie. #lalaland #musical He got the babysitter. He made the reservation and even told them it was my birthday. #imspoiledrotten I only wish the kids could've helped us finish the gigantic martini glass full of pink cotton candy. #theyneedmannersfirst I wish everyone could be in love with someone as much as I adore mine. He is charming and passionate, silly and funny, kind and affectionate, musical and handsome, brave and true, patient and the best listener. I cherish every day I have with him. #tonys #cityofstars #rattattatonmyheart #iwantittostay #happy
We went and returned my birthday present and somehow came home with Nate's. #howdidthathappen We bought the cheapest TV in all of best buy and to say that it's a huge upgrade would be an understatement. #ithinkitwasthefirstflatscreenevermade #handmedown #movingotherpeople #benefits #itwastime #notsurehowifeelaboutit #gianttv #whatismostimportanttous #luckilyourhabitshaventchanged #itsimplifiedourcordsituation #whichmademesoooohappy #n8man
 Aria made it a lot farther this year in the spelling bee. I think she made it 8 rounds? She got out on Inconceivable. Arguably, a super difficult word to spell out loud. I was so happy for her. #proudmama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...