Skip to main content

easter celebrations and spring field trips

"A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails." -Donna Roberts//I thought this might be a good extension from Elder Holland's talk today. I am just glowing today from #ldsconf I'm not sure how Elder Holland can nail it every time, but I do know that his words were inspired and answered a year long question that has been lurking in my heart. As long as my heart is open and loving to God, and I choose to obey His commands, there is a place for me here. On this Earth, in His church and I AM ENOUGH. Luckily, these people are the ones who remind me of that every day. I'm so blessed to call them mine. #minusevie #evielaree #linkinprofile #justbethere

Aria turned 10!! She is just such a beautiful soul. She has really blossomed this year and I love spending time with this gem. All things panda for this pretty girl.

So Aria's school class has decided to make the pandicorn their class mascot. So we had a pancakes and pandas party with a little unicorn thrown in. Games included: pin the nose on the panda, cereal scramble, fruit loop bracelets, marshmallow toss, painting nails black white and pink, watching cute Panda videos and a little bit of guesstures. We had so much fun, they even wanted to play each game twice. For food, we had pancakes!!!: Brownie, butter beer and funfetti. Going home, they got to adopt a cute little"pandicorn" or "party pandas" depending on how you look at it. 🎉🐼 #lilmissaria #pandamonium #pandicorn #ariadrewthepanda






Aria has the best friends. She's really connected with some friends from her class this year and I'm so happy she's found people that get her. I think everyone needs fun people like this in their life. I'm so glad I got to have them for a party celebration. #giggling #madeupsongs #creativity #individuality #seeotherpostforpartydetails #itsrainingmarshmallows #makeawish #lilmissaria #pandasandpajamasandpancakes #10

They take dance costume pictures WAY before the recital. But it was fun to be


Aria's really blossoming as an artist. It's 'fun' to see her drawings EVERYWHERE. :) This one is really sweet.
We had so much fun at shark-a-thon on Friday. This big girl went off for the majority of it with her friends. I felt like a creeper mom for about 15 minutes where I followed them at a distance but I let it go and trusted her to make good choices for herself. Does God feel that way about us? I've always wondered... ;) This inflatable was the biggest hit. We had a great time!!! #lilmissaria #myjeffyboy #messyzone #hungryhippos #spinning #schiff #sharks
 The crocodile encounter is an amazing zoo. By far my favorite field trip. Tons of alligators​ and crocodiles, tortoises and lizards. They also throw in the hogs, kangaroos, lemurs and antelopes. It was fun to see her with her class. She is independent but social, just a Mama's dream. And I scored mama points by putting caramel corn in her lunch. #lilmissaria #crocodileencounter #4thgrade #fieldtrip #themamakangaroohasajoey #theoldesttortoiseis80yearsold #oldestdoesntmeanbiggest 
"I'll share my Savior's love
By serving others freely
In serving I am blessed
In giving I receive." 

I bought these flowers to celebrate Easter. I Just turned in the art work for Evie's gravestone which features a jar full of these ranunculus. I couldn't think of anything more fitting than having the live version on my table. Because she is very much alive in our home. 
I'll be teaching this verse tomorrow in church in an attempt to talk about the true meaning of Easter. #becauseofhim #icanbewithher #andHim #ranunculus #tulips #evielaree #princeofpeace
Oh, and I painted my bathroom GREEN. Tile is coming next... I can't wait to get the whole house DONE.
Hazel is finally becoming part of the family. So much that we even let her destroy many a stuffed animal. It's very sad, actually. Happy birthday Hazel! She is stubborn and feisty. Affectionate and active. She loves people and hates dogs. Hopefully this next year brings lots less chewing. And less barking. And NO peeing. And no fleas. #hazelmae #hazelhelps #1yearold #7dogyears #puppylove
"No condemnation now I dread;
Jesus, and all in Him, is mine;
Alive in Him, my living Head,
And clothed in righteousness divine,
Bold I approach th’eternal throne,
And claim the crown, through Christ my own." - Charles Wesley // Happy Easter! I volunteered our congregation's choir to sing at another congregation. Not everyone can make it to the other performance, but I know that we will be blessed beyond measure with His Grace.#angelssing #powerinspirits #princeofpeace #amazinglove #loveevie #evielaree #evieproject #wardchoir

Easter weekend was so fun for our little family. We went swimming #secondtimethisseason, did some service #fortbendfamilypromise #bakedpasta#wardchoirtwice #andcanitbe. Went to a neighborhood Easter egg hunt #somanyeggs #andhotdogs, slept in #morningsnuggles #hazelgotanouchie #wontstoplicking, our own family Easter egg hunts - #indoor #candyandnumbered #outdoor #confetti, we had our traditional egg story time where we talk about the things leading up to Christ's death and resurrection. #ialwayscry #theemptyegg#itstrulyamiracle oh and we had tacos. #welovetacos #lilmissaria #myjeffyboy#eviewashere #iknowshewillliveagain #inherperfectedbody. "To the thoughtful woman and man, it is “a matter of surpassing wonder" that the voluntary and merciful sacrifice of a single being could satisfy the infinite and eternal demands of justice, atone for every human transgression and misdeed, and thereby sweep all humankind into the encompassing arms of His merciful embrace. But so it is." - Jeffrey R. Holland // #howcanitbe #amazinglove
I made this for my kids years ago. It's taken me years to perfect it and we love adding an egg here and there as the kids get older. This is quite possibly my favorite part of Easter. Having the little things to touch really helps us understand and remember it. This is all that Easter is about #inaneggshell#becauseofhim #princeofpeace "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everything life." -John 3:16 
#evielaree #evieproject
Easter Sunday was magical this year. Which is one I want to bask in. #thatsconfetti #notdandruff Although this Sunday involved a lot more fighting and crying, I know that days like this have happened and that they will occur again. And that Sundays like last week will happen more often.

Church was hard again today (it hasn't been hard for several months so I knew I was overdue) ...Aria played a beautiful (albeit rushed...Probably due to nerves) rendition of Prelude in C by Bach. During which I felt all of our family in that chapel. Even Evie. So grateful for Jesus Christ and His resurrection. I'm glad Evie came, I think Aria needed her support. I know they are kindred spirits. And will have mansions next door to each other some day.
Spring school pictures were one for the books this year!!! I think this picture is the reason he stopped smiling for the camera.
But seriously... I just don't get the adirondack chair by the dock... for a school picture.
Someone GAVE me tickets to#TOFWHouston #thanksceteka @ceteka1I've always wanted to see what it was like. I'm not sure I've drunk the same kool-aid as everyone else but there are some gems I've definitely taken home and want to incorporate. So #heavenlyfather#iamgrateful #iwillbeamiraclechaser#whatmakessomeonebeautiful #toponder#servicecanpiercethedarkness#socanangels #evielaree#sunraysthewholedrivein #evielight#saysomething #arise #tofw#davidarchuleta #timballard
"Called to serve 
HIM, 
heav'nly King of glory,
Chosen e'er to witness for His name,
Far and wide we tell the Father's story,
Far and wide His love proclaim.
Onward, ever onward, as we glory in his name; 
Forward, pressing forward, as a triumph song we sing.
God our strength will be; press forward ever,
Called to serve our King." -Grace Gordon

These words are traditionally considered a missionary's song. I've never thought to think of them and how they apply to me now. In this phase of my life. 
Who is your strength? What triumph are you getting from serving others? Are you proclaiming His love? 
God ,my strength will be. #evieproject#evielight #evielaree #rays #calledtoserve#godmystrengthwillbe #onward #upward

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...