Skip to main content

brian head, service projects, devin's home #welovesummer

We love our pools. Especially with friends. Here we are trying to convince Nate he can do a front flip. He still doesn't believe me. #thiswasthebestone #jeffjustwentupanddidit #overandover #unafraid #doesntcarewhatpeoplethink #wishididnt #summerlovin

Independence day kickball. I made it home once but I also fell on my backside trying to kick it once. #facepalm #soembarrassing #happy4th #wealsowatchedbeautyandthebeast #playedgames #plantedflowers #fireworks #rootbeerfloats #happybirthdayamerica #americathebeautiful #thisishisglorywalk
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." -John F. Kennedy// #degas #mfah #letfreedomring#wereallinthistogether #becausebeauty
I put together a little recital with friends at our local senior center. Because I teach my own kids and I don't currently have other students, they don't get many recital opportunities or even opportunities to play on another piano. It was a great way to escape the heat! #thecurseofapianist #youcanttakeyourinstrumentwithyou #thisinstrumentwasprettydifficulttoplay #theydidgreat #allofthem #pirateofthenorthsea #musette #bach#iloveapiano #ticklethemivories 
"Ah, music," he said wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here!" - Dumbledore// #jkrowling /  It was so fun to see them clapping/dancing/singing along with the music. Live music is always a blessing. #oystercreekseniorliving #pianorecital #linusandlucy #summerservice #week6 #harrypotter #wehavemuchtolearnfromthem #wisdom On a side note there are often other ways to volunteer at places like this. #bingo #visiting #cleaning #lovemywardfamily

Sometime, years ago... Someone planted a tree. Later, that tree was carefully moved here. Time has let it grow into a tower among trees. Now it shades my morning mourning, and gives me a peaceful, holy place to pray. I'm so grateful for this tree. And that God let me know this morning that He sees all.  - Nate's one and only post on the evieproject. 

Her stone finally came in! And we finally got to see it for the first time in July. It's exactly like I wanted it. 

I finally felt up to celebrating the new babies in our family. I love these cute little booties when they start walking and it was fun to share them with my new neice and nephew.
This boy is back! So happy to have him home. #elderradmall #vosssquad #ftmission #missionaccomplished #lovehim #selfiewiththeselfieking #dutchmanssign
They missed him so much while he was gone. Those real smiles are rare on that boy of mine.
We talked about and prayed about Uncle Devin constantly while he was gone. They all wanted to wear his jerseys to greet him when he came home. I can't wait to see their relationship grow. I doted on Devin when he was born and I definitely missed him when I went to college. It's been a privilege to watch him turn into an adult. He's the same old Devin... But better. Which I love. #missionaryhomecoming #thebest2years #ichangedhisdiapers #hemissedmusicthemost #lovemyfamily #becausehewasgoneihavelettersaboutmypregnancywithevie #agiftindisguise
Meeting my nephew Owen! He's so chubby and cute and Aria is so so good at making him laugh. #shesababywhisperer #ortickler? Either way... She's the best!#familiesareforever #ihopeshegetstohelpmewithevieinthenextlife #bigsis #lilmissaria #gigglesbringhiccups #owenpaulisrad
The only way Aria would play outside with Charlotte is if Charlotte would let Aria spin her. They bargained all the way out there how many times was appropriate. #radmallreunion2017 #cousins #lol
The all abilities park is sure fun in the summer time too! I don't recommend using any of the equipment though.... Way too hot. #109degrees #dinosaurfountains #waterfalls when we got there, Jeff told me he didn't like splash pads and that he would just be doing the zip line. Luckily he warmed up to the idea of getting in the water. #quiteliterally #sohot #helovesswimming #notsplashing #stubborn  also, Nate is obsessed with babies. #suchagooddad #wonderfuluncle#goingtobeanamazinggrandpa



It was fun to create new fun memories at this beautiful gorgeous place today. #ivinsres #reservoir #lazyutahns #coolwater #warmhearts the kids spent over an hour trying to make a lake about 10 feet from the lake.#wannagotoworkworkworkwork #utahisgorgeous #dontknowwhatyouvegottillitsgone
Apologize for the #nofilter... For those having trouble seeing anything right now, remember... White is beautiful. #pastywhite



Practicing "I need Thee every hour" #gameface #devinsdefinitelyabass #arrbyjrad #lovemybros #musicisfun #andsacred #jaredshand

It's sure nice to be altogether again. #youcanneverhavetoomuchfood #siblings


Devin's signature pose. I don't think I had the pinky quite right. Chelsea missed the memo.
Please freeze Jeff right here. This is now my favorite stage.

Best part of the trip was playing non-stop games. These boys are definitely the sophisticated ones of the bunch. #giantchess #harrypotteresque #pingpong #tennis #spades #pinochle #splendor #racko #whoonu #legoes #marbles
This girl came to see cousin Devin, but let's face it. I'm her favorite. :)
Sometimes she looks like me. But in this one she looks totally like her Dad.

The boys are back in town! This is the view from our cabin porch. If you look at the very top right corner you can see the black. Evidence of a massive forest fire #burnscar it stops about 15 yards from the cabin we rented #lucky #100%containedthedaybeforewearrived#sodevastating #brianhead #myjeffyboy#n8man
Cedar breaks national monument is absolutely breathtaking. We hiked the one mile hike and it was perfect for the kids. Plus we got to be surprised at how different it felt even just by walking ten yards in any given direction. #gorgeous #everykidinapark #freeadmission #4thgrader #wildflowerfestival #foundbluebonnets #utah #cedarbreaks #jeffisafraidofheights #notaria #daddysgirl #mamasboy #lilmissaria #radmallreunion2017










That one time we went on a walk and a #deer friend of mine had a staring contest with me. #wishihadapples #thekidsmissedout #brianhead #wesawotheranimalstoo #skunk #porcupine #chipmunk #mountains

Our last cabin adventure with the Radmall family was so fun we wanted to do it again. But this cabin was lacking a few amenities that the other one had. #firepit #anasadvertisedgameroom #nogames #noworkingdvdplayer but the biggest difference in the kids' perspective was that there was no teepee. But not too worry... They set out to make their own and they loved it. Here they are lining all the sticks up against the house. They would hike down the mountain to find them and bring them back.#lovethem #radmallreunion2017 #teepee #brianhead
"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." -Psalms 30:5 // I couldn't help but think of this scripture when I saw a beautiful sunrise. #6ambathroomrun #theniwentbacktobed #brianhead #sunrise #evielaree #evielight #sadnesscametoday #butnowiknowthatitwillleavetoo #countingmyblessings #nofilter

He was doing so good at casting that I decided to take a video in slow motion. He obviously let go too early this time. #whoops #gonefishing #rainbowtrout #brianhead #pond  #hereeledonein



Fishing day 1. Aria, Jeff and I all caught a fish. Isaac had his bait eaten twice, but no fish. Overall a successful day at the pond. Nate gets bonus points for not being grossed out and then coming home and gutting it and cooking it. It was actually delicious. It was a beautiful day with lots of clouds and perfect temperature but somehow we all came home with Ruby red sunburns. #rightbeforefamilypictures #crazyhairdontcare #brianhead


towards the end Aria found a friend her age and they tried to catch fish with their net. It was so cute to watch.
This is what we like to call the "party barge". If you can't tell, it was definitely a party. Unfortunately Devin didn't bring his speaker so we couldn't have his constant countrap combo playing, but we made do with the wind in our hair and lots of chips. Jared thinks he's so awesome, he started and sealed that first video with a very special kiss for all of you #gross. I started a game of mormon bridge and then ended up fishing #ohhell #devinkeptscoreonhisphone #ididntcatchafish others caught fish but I think my pole didn't like me. Once I passed my pole off to Jeff, he caught one mm in 5 minutes #notfair #rainbowtrout #panguitchlake lastly, we're all laughing at something. Not sure what, but it was funny. #4fish #newhooks #partyhardy #sunburns #serenasthighs #owenpaulisrad





My dad is notorious for his scenic drives. They're mostly really long with sort of lackluster destinations. But this time the drives were just right and ended with pretty stunning views. Especially when you're there right at sunset. #parowangap #petroglyphs #photosphere #doesnttransferwell #wereonlyabitsunburned #rubyred #poorn8 #rightafterchinese #mountainbistro #partyof13-15 #grandparadmallsrecommendation #leftoverchinesefordays #evielareewashere


Family photo out-takes. I honestly wish I could have seen what Chelsea's family had to look at. I've never had such exciting noises behind me. I'm sure the faces were precious too. #gameface #rocks #wildflowers #radmallreunion2017 #brianhead #familyphotosarehard #nextineedtoorderaremote 





I think they turned out pretty good. There were lots of cute ones.









With every family picture taking comes an equal or greater reward. #smores #pleasesiriwantsmore #familyselfie #watchthosecoals #fun #radmallreunion2017 #brianhea

"I'm on top of the world, hey!" Highest point in southern Utah. It's breathtaking to feel so small. To be able to see for miles. Glad we got there early so we could take an unobstructed panoramic. It was gorgeous. #photosphere #brianhead #radmallreunion2017 #brianheadpeak

In real time, it almost looked like this beautiful golden eagle was dropped. As it turns out she was just using the edge of the mountain as a launch pad. It gives me chills just thinking about how every creature God has made is magnificent in its own way. #itsabeautifulday #freedom #brianheadpeak #goldeneagle #radmallreunion2017 #happycoincidence #evielareewashere 

I loved how a raven joined up with it as it took off. They stuck together until we could no longer see them. #instantfriends #raven#thereissunshineinmysoul

"I shall divide my gifts from Thee with every brother [or sister] that I see." -Because I Have Been Given Much // Nothing makes you feel more humble than seeing the world from a unique vantage point. This is the tallest peak in southern Utah and when you're at the top, everything you can see is lower than you. It's an amazing feeling to see so much beauty for as far as the eye can see with nothing blocking it. It makes you realize just how much everything that you attribute to your own accolades is really a gift from God and He intended that it be shared. Just like this beautiful view. It is a gift from God. My viewing it is only enhanced when I share it with someone else. #brianhead #brianheadpeak #elevation #imontopoftheworld #radmallfamilygetaway2017 #utah #gifts #eviewasheretoo #shealwaysahowsupwhenineedher #evielaree

Contrary to popular belief, I am actually the worst ping pong player in my family. #goals #mybrotherplaysandserveswitha17lbbaby #hestillwins #nomatter #ikeepcominback #owenpaulisrad #iactuallyscoredapoint #evenjaredmakesmistakes #favoritechild
Cute baby. #nuffsaid #lovesaria #chubby #giggles #gigglesbringhiccups #poorguy seeing my brother as a dad was the cutest thing ever. I'm obsessed with their whole family.#lasttrippostipromise #nowbacktoboringstuff
It wouldn't be a trip if we didn't at least spend a few moments at this beautiful place. We visited. Cleaned up. Added things. And wished her body a happy birthday. I am changed. Hopefully for good. We all are. I love the light streaming through in the back. Proves what I already know. That she is with us.... Always. #sawthestone #firsttime #evielareewashere #ialsovisitedafewotherfriends #gonetoosoon #lovemyfamily #evielaree #shelivesinme #inyou


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

natural wonders and disasters

"I've never been so alone, alone, and I've, and I've never been so alive. So alive." - Motorcycle Drive-by - Third Eye Blind //How we feel. All the time. Glad we could share a little piece of our hearts today with the senior center. They all knew "You Are My Sunshine" which made my heart Happy.  #music   #thismanandhisguitar #wooshearts   #lovehim   #evieproject #evielaree  one of the residents told us to look up a video on YouTube about Amazing Grace. He thought we would like it.  #forreal   #howcouldheknow #n8lovesthirdeyeblind   #ilovehimforit   Also my friend intends to "adopt a grandma here". What a great idea. I can't wait to find out how it goes.  #opa Jeff thinks it's fun to get up with the sun. Apparently it's starting to wear on him because this is what I woke up to this morning.  #goodmorning   #goodmorning   #asleepagainalready   #itsgreattostayoutlate We signed up to help at the Houston food Ban...