Skip to main content

in the front seat again

He made it, he finally did it, and I'm so proud of him. He studied so hard and he deserves each and every point he can get. We don't find out for a few weeks how he did, I know he passed it's just a matter of how well he did beyond that. I'm truly thankful to our Heavenly Father for the blessings he's been pouring out upon us. We couldn't have dealt with this better, thanks to Him.
I finally have my husband back. We missed him so much! Welcome back Daddy!

And guess what, we're moving!
Here's a few pics of our new place. Should I keep the blue wall in the master bed? MORE SPACE!!! Yay!
Here's what my bedroom set looks like now... or this.... so change the bedroom set, or change the wall...

To celebrate we went to our favorite restaurant
Then we ate peanut m&ms and snickers for dessert, mixed in with a little chocolate chip ice cream.
Aria threw a royal fit in Cafe Rio, it got so bad, we had to leave.... I don't think I've ever seen a temper tantrum quite like this from her. eek!


Does anyone have a kid that LOVES to wear underwear, but doesn't ever quite make it to the toilet in time? What do you do? Force them to wear diapers, or just keep cleaning up the messes?

Comments

Jasmine said…
Congrats on finishing this round, Nate!

I like the blue wall! (Does it match the rest of your bedroom?) I'm a bit jealous of your new kitchen, too. Yay for more space!
Boo Hoo for moving, but yeah that Nate is done with his test! Life definetely gets easier! I am glad that Juliet isn't the only one who throws crazy tantrums, they always seem to come out of no where! Love ya!
Alicia said…
I'm glad that you have your hubby back!!! I can't wait until mine is done with school!
and yeah!!! I totally have a toddler that can throw quite the tantrum...yesterday we were at the pharmacy picking up an eye drop prescription for his eye and he just dropped and started screaming and continued to do so for the entire 30 min. wait :) I just wish one of the other 10 single women in the room would have offered to help me with poor Connor who had to sit on the floor while I tried to control Hunter :) Thank goodness for a new day! Good Luck...and I wish I knew an answer for the underwear vs. diaper dilemma...Hunter still says he wants his diaper and wants nothing to do with his big boy pants :(
She sounds like a really smart girl...maybe you could ask her what she wants (either underwear and making it to the toilet or sticking with diapers???) Good Luck!
Kimbo said…
Congrats Nate and Aubs for getting your hubby back. I'm pretty sure Nate not only did well he aced that test. I took Anatomy with the boy and he is a smart little whip :) Thanks for making my stomach growl too. Cafe Rio is so yummy. We miss that place so much and Peanut M&M's are my favorite candy ever. I can eat a whole bag (and I'm talking the 1 lb bag...)
Wahoo, he is done! Congratulations!
Laura said…
Congratulations Nate! Actually, congratulations to all of you, these things end up being a family affair. Moving to a new place is always fun, that looks like a great kitchen! I like the blue wall but it doesn't really go with the pictures you have of your bedroom set, maybe change it to a tan color?
You are so creative! I love your "headboard" what a great idea!
Errin said…
hmm, the blue wall is cute, but I would paint it turquoise!! or something, i dont know.. ha.. goodluck with that one. And goodluck potty training. its tough business.. If she loves wearing the undies so much tell her she can't wear them if she has accidents, then maybe she wont? I dont know.. hmm goodluck on that one as well! :)
Emily said…
It sounds easier to repaint a wall then redo your beautiful headboard and bedspread! I'm so glad you have your husband back!
Alicia said…
Yay for Nate! Good work. Already 2/3 done? Woohoo!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...