Skip to main content

Christmas time is here!



Christmas is really a beautiful thing. I just wanted to write down a few of my beautiful memories.

~For about the first 5 mornings after we put the tree up, Aria came down stairs... immediately went to turn the lights on the Christmas tree and said 'Oh, it's so beautiful!'
~WE've fixed at least 3 ornaments multiple times with hot glue.
~She loves to play pretend with the talking mice I made this year.
~Will not stop talking about getting a band-aid at Christmas
~She went to a birthday party last Saturday and got a little thing of lip gloss... and proceeded to use the whole thing in about an hour. She was so sad when it was gone. She told us to take it from her so she could save the rest for tomorrow. (At least she knows her limitations) We told her that maybe she could ask Santa Claus for some. So now if you ask her what she wants for Christmas, she says 'lip stuff'.
~Loves identifying Santa Claus wherever he might be.... on the Street, ringing a bell.
~Loves singing Jingle Bells and Silent Night.
~She is just beginning to show thoughtfulness and concern for others. I'm hoping this will make Christmas day a more enjoyable experience for us all.
~Often says in response to 'When are you going to have your baby brother?' 'After Christmas...'


Most of all I can't believe how much she's changed in the last year. She's still got the same personality, but now she's more my friend and daughter instead of my baby. At times I feel like I could never love another child as much as I love her.

Comments

Don't worry, you will love baby boy Pettit just as much. Its amazing how our hearts can grow and give so much love. Hope all is well with you guys, miss you lots and lots!
Ashlee said…
Aria sure says/does some cute things! This is a fun time for you-enjoy! I know the feeling of not believing that you could love another one quite as much. But as I am sure you will find out YOU DO!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...