Skip to main content

Missing May

I'm so sad and yet glad that May is over. We got to spend time with a lot of family and I'm so grateful to be a part of this cooler May. No pun intended. This picture below is a miracle...:) My brother gave his farewell talk this Sunday. Unfortunately and fortunately, my Uncle Stephen (My Dad's namesake) passed away from liver cancer. It was a surprisingly spiritual experience. We loved learning about his life before we knew him. I know that grandmother great will miss him a lot. I'm grateful for the things I learned from him. The hubs had never met this man (2nd from the right) My uncle Lloyd. He's always been fun to have around and I've missed him. He isn't able to make it up to Utah very often so a family picture like this is rare. I can't believe how much my Dad and Uncle Lloyd look alike. crazy to me. And because of the funeral - look how many people came to my brother's farewell talk (for his mission)...
Photobucket
This is my super cool brother and I just loved this picture of my Mom. Don't ask me why, I just think she looks so pretty in it.
Photobucket
Aria has been taking gymnastics. She LOVES it! and looks forward to it every week. I think she's doing pretty well. We need to work on her 'strong arms' a little bit but other than that I think she's going to have great success. Too bad she has extremely tall genes. :)
Photobucket
Over memorial day we went to Snow Canyon State Park. Hello Sand dunes! We had so much fun taking these pictures. :)
Photobucket
Aria loved it too. Seriously though, look at their faces... they're awesome! It was so fun.
Photobucket
Had a little shoot with my kiddos. Aren't they adorable.
Photobucket
Jeff is now 3 months old. He LOVES to smile. He's just started to spit bubbles. It must be a boy thing... but he never REALLY laughs, just sort of chuckles. He really likes to eat. He sleeps really well from about 10 - 6. Naps are another story... not so good. We'll be working on that soon. :)
Photobucket
I think he's definitely a momma's boy. ugh. I wanted him to be tough.... I'm so much more of a softy with him than I am with Aria.
Photobucket
He's either smiling or has this confused look on his face. He loves to suck on his hands. He spits up like there's no tomorrow. He likes to grab things now and studies everything. His hair looks tinted red sometimes and his eyes are just blue as can be. I love him so much.
Photobucket
On Sunday Jared got to pick what he had for his "last meal" (It's like he's dying... hehe). We folded napkins to look like dress shirts and ties... you can see them in the background. :) He's going to be awesome. He's already been in the MTC 1 week. I'm so proud of him.
Photobucket
Memorial day we went and played tennis. I love this shot of Grandpa and Aria reading books. Aria's really been into crossing her legs lately. I think it's so cute. Also... Jared = good form... Nate = bad form. Nate's a really good sport for playing with us...
Photobucket
Finally... we have a garden! and we got our first tomato. Look how cute it is. There's about 6 more that are about to turn red and lots of green ones. I am thrilled!!!! We may actually get to reap the rewards this year... :)
Photobucket
Hope you all had a fabulous May too.

Comments

Alicia said…
It looks like your family is doing great!!! I love your pictures! Cute kids and fun sand dunes :)
I have a friend that lives in St. George and was asking me if I knew anyone that would take her family pictures for a cheap price. I was just wondering if you would be interested? If your doing shoots?
Raquel said…
Wow you guys have been busy! Your little guy is so handsome! I love the pictures on that blanket!
Kirsten said…
They are so beautiful! You guys make such perfect babies. Auri is so big and looks more like you everyday I think. Congrats to your brother and his wonderful mission! :)
Ashlee said…
I love the busy months. I hope that your kiddos adjust well to things calming down little. It always takes my boys a few days to settle. Jeff sounds like such sweet baby and Aria looks like she is quite the helper!
Alexis said…
WoW. Your photos look awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...