Skip to main content

We finally know....

After Years of studying, Months of interviewing, and Days of nail biting. We finally know where we're going for the next 3 years. Nate accepted a position offered to him at the Michael E. Debakey VA Medical Center. We are SO thrilled. Nate was born here so in a way we're going back to his roots. It's the 2nd Largest federal building in the United States. 2nd only to the pentagon.

It's part of a major medical center that has its own skyline in the beautiful city of Houston.
And although he will be doing his clinical work at the VA medical center... He will be taking his classes here.
All I can think about now is how we don't have any cowboy hats or boots. I might have to invest in some country music as well. :) Heart of the west.... here we come! And we're so excited!

Comments

YAY!! I am so excited for you guys! jealous that you already know where you are going, but so excited!!
Katie Nikolaus said…
Congrats, Aubrey! Everyone I know that has lived or lives in Texas absolutely loves it! Good luck with everything!
Kimbo said…
Houston!!! You are going to love it there. I might even venture to say you're never going to leave. That would be awesome b/c I want to live in Austin, but we've got a while before we settle down in one place. Congrats you guys. I know how exciting it is to finally find out where you're going to be settled.
Unknown said…
Wow! That's way cool. I'm sad you are going so far away though...
Raquel said…
Yeah! That is so awesome to finally know. Although now it seems kinda far away til it actually happens! :) Congrats!
Ashlee said…
I forgot that now that you are Private I have to remember to check your blog-I am SO behind! Congratulations! You must but so excited. Good Luck on your new adventure.
That is awesome! Congratulations!
Tiffany Webber said…
Yay for Texas! Although I am sad you will be leaving Vegas, I am happy you get to enjoy the great state of Texas! I'm kind of jealous! I loved living in Dallas so much! I've never been to Houston, but have heard nothing but great things! Congrats!!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...