Skip to main content

sappy for a moment

My husband is one of the most amazing and endearing men I have ever met. He's smart, talented, funny, handsome and encompasses my whole world. I love him. He wrote me a song. I came to a perfectly clean home, this, and his guitar. This is the first one in several years. He's always had a way with words.

Stepping down from my uninvested fight,
I sight a turning in the wind
Keeping low, I find it hard to move so slow
I try to catch it from behind


I wake, I might shake
The winds are coming to take me now
I want space, I want the shadows to hide my place
I lose hope, I lose the power to hold my own
On my own

My breathing this whole thing
These lungs can't take it all in
I've lost my breath, can't find the depth
Of feeling I'm needing the strength to take you all in
Your eyes, your lips,
They're so serene
I'm lost between

Loose me now from these shackles of the deep
The sleep now waved before my eyes
A new found dream, could this but be what it most seems
The start of beauty giving heart


It screams... I must wake
The winds are coming to take me now
I want space, I want the shadows to hide my place
I lose hope, I lose the power to hold my own
On my own


My breathing this whole thing
These lungs can't take it all in
I've lost my breath, can't find the depth
Of feeling I'm needing the strength to take you all in
Your eyes, your lips,
They're so serene
I'm lost between




p.s. we'll be celebrating 6 years in less than 3 weeks. Every day is better than the day before. Truly.
This is us. He's singing me a song he wrote 6 years ago. I thought I loved him then.... I did love him, but it pales in comparison to what I feel for him now.

Okay, sappy moment is over. Thanks for appeasing me.

Comments

Kimbo said…
Love this post!!! I feel the same way about Mike. I didn't think I'd love him more than I did when we got married, but it's true it's so much more it's mind boggling. I'm so glad you guys found each other. You're perfect together.
wonderful and pretty good lyrics if I do say so.
Rae said…
What a great guy!! Loved the sappy moment. . .
Rae said…
ps--when do we get to hear the new song??

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...