Skip to main content

Silent Night

The best part about Christmas this year, was THIS video. It makes me cry every time.

Christmas morning stockings. The theme for Jeff was TRUCKS!!! And the only thing that Aria asked for Christmas this year is in the background of her shot.... the Big Red Ball.




Love this because my Grandpa is the politically minded one of the group. Nate likes to dabble in it occasionally. Grandpa seems to be wisely watching over Nate's shoulder. Just really fitting. And I think this is possibly the best picture ever taken of Mitzi.... Ever. :)
We went out to Kanab for a day to put sparkly flowers on my Grandma's grave and to go golfing and spend time with my Grandpa. I love going over there. Playing pinochle is the best. Happy New Year!
My Dad wrote this to Jared in an email and I thought it was pretty fitting for how I feel about my kids during this season.
"Aria and Jeff were in all their glory. It is fun to ride in the car with Aria because she sings constantly, both Christmas and traditional children's songs, and she knows all the words and is right on pitch. Also, it entertains Jeff. It was so funny because she even sang when she fell asleep on the couch in the middle of her nap. "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer... Had a Very Shiny Nose...." Jeff is generally a happy camper and is so easy to take care of. He really doesn't get into anything that he shouldn't and I laugh at how Aubrey and Nate just throw a handful of whatever food we're having and he stuffs it all in his mouth to the point of gagging. The last night before they left he had one and a half slices of a combo pizza from Pier 49. I was looking at the last piece and then looked at him as if to say "are you gonna eat that?" and he looked at me as if to say "you bet I am!""

Comments

You take beautiful pictures Aubrey! I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful Christmas break!
Raquel said…
That video is so sweet! Looks like a fun Christmas!
Jenni said…
Looks like you had a great Christmas! Sorry to hear about Aria getting sick. Loved your piano recital picture, David teaches too, and we can relate, we always feel so proud of our students too!
Amie Orton said…
well Aria was named perfectly,,, after music because she has the sweetest little voice ever. OH i can see why it makes you cry. Happy New years guys!

Loove all the pics. Where'd you get the pink shoe's like Naomi's. I don't have time to shop with th 3, so someone's gotta just say these are cute GO there and buy them... i have like 3 minute time limit in stores before someone starts crying, bleeding, or ditches me and is lost....

oh enough about me. Love your pictures, someday teach me your photoshop skillz. I just use the pioneer woman actions... but I need more.

Next time you guys are in LG or near we'll have to get together.
precious video. So glad that you taped that because it definitely will be something you look back on and love. I love all the pictures you took over the break-so fun
Rae said…
PRECIOUS! What sweet pics. Makes me miss you guys!

love ya,
rae
Emily said…
A whole piece and a half of supreme pizza? Holy cow! He can eat! I love how you and Nate have created such a musical family. Thanks for the invite!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...