Skip to main content

{up & 4}

That's my baby Aria....
 Aria has made a lot of friends the past couple of years and due to her lack of a birthday party last year. We decided she needed to live it up this year. So we planned a lot of fun little games all based around the Disney/Pixar's movie Up.

This party would not have been complete without these beauties. The 'Ellie' badge.
Tutorial on how to make these here.
All the kids would walk in with their present and get a pin so they could be 'in the club.' 

We gave everybody these little badges like Russell would get for all the things they did at the party. They LOVED earning their badges. Here's Aria modeling. The badges I made are here. I printed them out on cardstock and then cut them out by hand. There's definitely a faster way to do this, I'm sure, but this was pretty much REALLY inexpensive. Just used some fabric from my bin.
Then we played pin the house on paradise falls. My husband drew it. You can see it here.... then they earned the house badge.

In the movie, Ellie paints paradise falls over their fire place. I wanted the kids to do something similar so they created their own artwork out in the yard.
Then they earned their art creating badge. :)

Then they had lunch... hot dogs, strawberries, lemonade, cheetoes and a salt water taffy.
Then we came in and played musical balloons. Didn't work as well as we wanted. Some kids got really upset when we took their balloon away. We found that they pretty much played with the same balloon the whole time. We eventually figured out a good way to make it work, but there were a few pouty lips before we did.

Then someone made a wish! With this cute little cake.
For the how-to go here.
  Then we opened presents. Aria got some wonderful presents and she loved having her friends over. she has some amazing friends and we are so sad that we will be moving soon. We've loved it here. Thanks for being such wonderful friends everybody!
 

 For their favor they took home a balloon attached to a little bit of Kevin food (chocolate). but before that, they were decorations. I think it was a big success. Birthdays are the best.
 Tonight Aria wanted a smoothie for dinner so we went to Starbucks and got some muffins and smoothies. Aria, you are the love of my life. I can't believe you are 4. More about how special you are to me, to come.



Comments

Happy Birthday Aria! Man time flies! I can't believe our girls are already 4! I am thinking of doing a curious george party for Juliet with some of her friends. Your Up party was darling, so creative and fun!
Sarah Turpin said…
It's so fun to see your family. Your kids are growing up so fast. That birthday party is the cutest! and your pictures are amazing as always. We got the kite for $30 just at a local toy store. We always wanted one but most place they are like $90 or more. Good luck looking for you. Enjoy the beautiful vegas weather for us.
I am in love with this birthday party!! You did such a fantastic job! Happy Birthday Aria!
Raquel said…
So so cute! I love that idea!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...