Skip to main content

whirlwind weekend

Nate's friends from his mission came to visit. They have a BEAUTIFUL family! We had lasagna casserole and cinnamon rolls. We had a fun lesson on obedience and then played Cranium's Hullabaloo that Aria got for her birthday. It was so much fun.

This is Jeff's new face. and He loves to lick plastic food. He's CRAZY.
We went to a funeral this past weekend. These are the three sweet baby boys that were there.
Aria holding her new cousin. She loves babies.
It was a beautiful funeral for Aria's Great-Great Grandmother. She had a lot of spunk and a super strong will. I will miss her. I hope I still get to see these people in the future. I love them all very much.
I felt very honored to be asked, by my Great Grandmother before she died, to play a duet with my sister at her funeral. We played a beautiful version of My Heavenly Father Loves me. I feel the spirit so strongly when I play with her and it was definitely gorgeous.

On a side note we made $55 dollars at a garage sale due to some kind friends.

Comments

Emily said…
Is the lasagna casserole made with bowtie noodles and cottage cheese? I remember you making that when we did a double date back in college. I still have and use the recipe for it! It sounds good now...How do you get your pictures so big on your blog? I love it and want mine that big!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...