Skip to main content

an easter away

So this year we spent time away from our kids for Easter (story to come later). But in order to celebrate, we had to do things a little earlier this year. We went to the Vegas Egg Drop. An excellent activity. I was a little skeptical because they said everything was free. And we all know that NEVER happens. And if it really is free. It can't be THAT good. But I was Pleasantly surprised. They told us that there was supposed to be 15,000 people there. I didn't really believe them. But when we got there, I don't think they were that far off....
But notice all the eggs? Pretty fun!
But the helicopter drop was a little overrated. the helicopter came which all the kids thought was really cool. But as soon as it hovered over the grass, all the eggs went flying and the dust flew into our eyes.  Jeff had a really good time with me. Aria went with her Dad.


 It was fun hanging out with friends.
 And the best part was the free ice cream and bounce house.
On Easter Weekend. we were in Texas looking for a house. (see below). But our kids were having fun with Grandparents.

 Easter Egg hunts and fun. Aria got her much beloved butterfly make-up kit. Where she spends most of her time making herself look like a football player. It's pretty funny.
Easter dress.

I think they had a wonderful day/week with grandparents! They love them so much!
We found a house!!!! We're so excited about it. It's darling...

We had to have a little fun while we were there...
We went to the temple which is more than an hour away from our home, but still in the same city. craziness.
 Then we went to this theater in the park. Pretty fun! Must get there way early to get a good seat.
 We had a really good time just the two of us....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...