Skip to main content

let the good times roll

We have been having a blast here in Houston. We've been able to do so many fun things together, it's really been a life changing couple of weeks. We are closer than we've ever been as a family and surprisingly, we aren't pulling our hair out. I have the best husband in the world. It has definitely been a much needed vacation for me. Nate just started yesterday and I can't believe it's over. Don't get me wrong, I was ready for him to go back, but last night he came home with lots of reading and homework... and that was only one class. All I could think was... here we go again!. Back to long nights by myself and changing every diaper myself. Not that I can complain. I have some of the best kids in the world. Just look at this smile... and self portrait.
We've been going to the art museum to participate in their craft. They've had some really fun ones, and I've really enjoyed the creativity that is allowed in the structure that they provide. It is AWESOME!!! I did a little flower 'relief' and Nate did Donald Duck. Nate thinks mine looks really cool, but let's be honest.... who's the real artist?
I've finally figured out the best way to spend Father's day. It means the WORLD to my husband when I bake for him. It doesn't matter what... Just so long as it's homemade and warm and yummy. This year we did pretzels and Apple Struesel Bars from Ourbestbites.com
Later that week we got together with all of the Prosthodontists/residents from the VA and had a fun REAL Texas Barbeque. It was SO fun to get to meet all of them and realize that they have lives and families too. We are the only ones with young children, but the director has a couple of poodles that my kids just ADORED. And they got to play with all their toys.... YUMMMy brisket, sausage and ribs. Loved the coleslaw too. She reminded me how much I LOVE broccoli slaw - I had forgotten. :)
Apparently, his director is also a well practiced musician... so he got his guitar out and played some country tunes. Then nate played a few and then...
he broke out his banjo... and yes, it's awesome... totally southern and Aria is dancing to it too, which is SO cute.
 
It's only rained a few times here in Houston... I mean seriously people... what happened to all the rain? Just trying out a few new filters. Don't think I really love them.... but she looks beautiful anyways. I wish I had those dark lashes too.
Aria took TWO weeks of swimming lessons. These ladies were so awesome with the kids. I hope they'll do it again next year and they can teach her a few strokes. Now she jumps in and goes under like a champ and floats really well too.

We got her some goggles and I think that made all the difference.
Notice the princess bandaid? That makes EVERYTHING feel better.
Jeff has been SO cute during prayer time. Here's a little video of what he does for family prayers at night. For meal time prayer he slaps his hands against his chest like a gorilla and then leaves them there. I'll try to get video of that sometime.

His other fetish is putting Small things into small holes. Coins into Cash registers and.... Connect 4 is a the NEWEST favorite. He often messes up Aria's pattern, but he loves it.
over and over and over.

Comments

Unknown said…
Looks like you guys are settling in nicely! And...your kids are super adorable.
Oh my goodness you guys have been so busy. It looks like you are loving life down there. I thought of you today when I was out walking...just missing your guys. Love the new header by the way also-I like the connect four idea. I should get one for K. I think she would like it too.

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...