Skip to main content

pop pop fizz fizz.. what a great friend you is.

We had SO much fun this 4th of July. To be honest I was really bummed that we couldn't participate in our usual Kanab venture. So we made our own small town venture and it was awesome. I read about a parade out in Galveston and thought it might be kind of fun to try it out. Here we are... waiting for the parade. Jeff loves his glasses.
Like I said... they all love their sunglasses.
Jeff loves clapping for people... at ball games, shows or parades! I just wanted a series of pictures that reminds me of what I see when he's clapping. It's so cute! Notice the sucker? Yes... clapping is more important than sugar.
She's so pretty.
And again... the glasses. off and on over and over again. He loves them.
Don't think we didn't get plenty of candy, because we did... but we also got like a bajillion necklaces... seriously. What are we gonna do with those?
Since we were making a longer drive to Galveston.. I thought we should do something while we were there. This had high reviews online so we thought we'd try out the not so thrilling sounding 'oil rig museum'.
Seriously... it was better than the space museum... and it's not all that different. They have high tech gear. Diving equipment that look like one man submarines. Special chairs with lots of buttons and lots of high tech stuff. This is a drill bit. Huge.
They explain how oil is made to and what it provides for our world... which is really.... quite a lot of things. Not just oil and gas for our car. Aria loved the crayon rub ons and the birds on the way to the rig.
This is how they get from place to place on the rig... via this little net tube.
Okay... so Aria has always loved these things. I think they're kind of tacky but she thinks they're the best things in the world. But I was totally unprepared for how Jeff would react to them. Talk about a pure grin. He felt so cool.
And seriously... what's up with their faces! I can't stop laughing at this picture.
On the way out we saw this boat... named... St. Vincent. These words have special meaning to us. Marriage advice for the year:
You use that word to make sure that the other person isn't just being nice and will eventually hold a grudge for answering un-truthfully. For example, There's one piece of pizza left. I kind of want it, but I think Nate will want it more. So he says... "Do you want the last piece of pizza?" I say, "It's okay, you can have it." He says.. "St. Vincent?" And then I have to say that I truly do kind of want the last piece. Make sense? We use it a lot to make sure that the other person is truly okay with the situation. Kind of a cute little boat, eh?
That night we met up with our new friends for a barbecue and fireworks. We parked at the junior high and had to catch a bus to get over to the football field where the fireworks were. Aren't they fun?
The bus is pulling up and they can hardly contain the excitement. This shot was totally black. I recovered it to see what it would have been and I loved the effect. So cool. and I love the excitement in their bodies. They're so excited to get on the bus!!!
On the bus! These are her new friends Anna and Lucy.
Jeff was hilarious.... for being scared of everything he sure has no problem with fireworks. Love this shot. It was a wonderful night. Jeff danced the whole time we were there. He felt pretty cool.
Hope you had a wonderful 4th!

Comments

Erin said…
We miss you! Kate just saw Aria's pictures and said the same thing. Looks like you are having a great experience thus far! We'll have to skype again. Kate keeps requesting that we do that. :) Lots of love, Erin

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...