Skip to main content

radmalls in texas

Did I mention yet that I love my family? I really do. And I really miss them. Especially when I don't know when we'll get to see them again. We recently had banana cake. It's pretty much the most amazing thing on the planet. Jeff thinks so too. Recipe here.
Then my parents, sister and brother came with her adorable isaac! 
We spent most of that day recovering from their 3 day trip and 42 inch pizza. But we were able to adore this little guy and go to the art museum on free day. I think my sister is jealous of our access to it for FREE! Yep it pretty much rocks.

My sister used to make this face all the time. It's crazy to see it on a boy. :)
Aria had some much needed bonding time with her unc. They adore each other. I LOVE it, because I adore both of them. He's actually closer in age to Aria than he is to me.
I had some fun doing some fun pictures with Aria and Jeff. It's cool enough to go outside in the evenings so we'll often spend time out here watering the grass and just chilling. Isn't she hilarious?
Then we went to the beach. It was so much fun out in Galveston. Lots of shells. Good waves and it was shallow for a LONG ways, so Aria felt like she could go out quite a ways. It was awesome.
Collecting seashells! Mommy will have to figure out something to do with them now, so if you have any great ideas let me know.
Jeff wasn't really interested in even touching the water. But he sure loved the sand. :)
I came home with a lot of sand too. :)
One of the highlights from the trip was getting to take a duck tour. The tour guide in Boston was HILARIOUS!! This was still pretty entertaining, but much more informative. Galveston's pretty cool.
Sunday we did our normal church stuff. I got a new calling. Music chair... surprise surprise, right? My Dad got to participate in helping set me apart which doesn't happen all that often for me anymore because I ask for Father's blessings from my hubby and not my Dad. I know the priesthood's the same but it feels different.

Monday we went to the alligator park. it was h.o.t. hot. did I mention it was hot? It was hot. It was quite interesting considering the lack of alligators. Jeff fell asleep while we were walking. So cute! Aria at the lookout point. Wrong camera settings to get a picture of the view too. Sorry.
 But we did see lots of birds and dragonflies. Here's the one glimpse of alligator we saw. Apparently, it was guarding a nest. :)
 They have some babies in the museum thing there and we got to touch one. This umbrella saved our lives.
 Wow. I didn't edit this picture at all. crazy, right? And she was running circles around me while I was taking it. Literally. I'm amazed.
I'm ready for cooler months, that's for sure. But this has been a wonderful July.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...