Skip to main content

mini miracles

I've just realized lately that there have been a lot of unexpected small and wonderful miracles happening every time I'm at the store.

In doing my Christmas shopping. I have found that pretty much everything I need has been on sale or discounted or that particular style of the item I want happens to be cheaper than the others. Like who knew... because I wanted the red... and it was cheaper. Craziness.

Or like how at HEB, I knew that I probably wouldn't get any of their great deals because it was like 11:00. The kids needed to get out, but I was NOT braving the crowds with them. So we took our time. They were angels.

Everything black-friday-ish was gone.

But there was a lady there who said she'd been walking around for a couple of hours trying to decide which things she wanted to buy for the kids that come for a meal every three weeks at her church and put back on the shelf the very two things I wanted for my children. Not only was she an inspiration of love and compassion for others. She had no children of her own and purchased things to  give to kids who need it. When I'm sure my kids have MORE than enough. But she gave me the opportunity to splurge and get by on our meager pay-check and still feel like I'm contributing to my own children's Christmas without breaking the bank. It's not a huge deal - only $10 or $20. But it was something I needed to learn.

She'll never know what it meant to me. Any miracles at your house this year?

Comments

Aubrey!!
Can you email me your address? I switched computers and lost your email....That would be great.

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...