Skip to main content

reunion sweet

 The last little portion of our trip was spent doing some really fun things with these long lost friends of ours. Gosh how we've missed them. Things are just so easy with them and they made us feel so welcome. It's so nice to know we've got friends as wonderful as them, even if they are halfway across the country. You know so, when you see each other after two years and it's like we never split apart, even for the kids. They took us to this fun train museum about an hour from their home. The boys were definitely in heaven. Jeff got to this point and then decided that he was deathly afraid of such devices and wanted nothing to do with it.
 I'm still not sure what to do about him... next time we should probably take a picture before we go in instead of after.
 It was right next to a dock over the river and we went and found some shade and ate lunch and played hide and seek there. The kids loved exploring the area, playing with sticks and watching the boats go by.
 So silly. All of them.
 The next day we went to the beach on base. The facilities were fantastic and it was just fun to get out and enjoy sun. These two were so proud of their 'castle'
 These two just enjoyed the waves as well! We miss Katelyn already! PLEASE move to Texas!!
 I don't allow very many pictures of me in my swimsuit, but Jeff is SO HARD for me at the beach. He allows his fear to consume him whenever we are within 30 feet of the beach. He gets his fear from me... I know he does.. and I'm sure he'll overcome it someday, but it's a pain in the neck at the moment to try and convince him to do anything. He's so stubborn. Just like his uncle devin.... Anyway.. this is how he enjoys the beach. On Mom's lap. No, he will not get his feet wet without Mama holding him.
 And no, he does NOT want to play in the sand. Even if Mom's making something super cool... like Mater.
Katelyn and Aria... So great together... and apparently their Grandmother's have similar taste in dresses. :) What are the chances!?!
They were so fun together and I'm so glad we got to spend time with them again.
I took some portraits of their kids, but Jeff is mr. photogenic and there was no way he wasn't going to get a portrait done too. Love this kid. seriously, model anyone?
And this is the end of our amazing 12 day extravaganza. nap anyone?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...