Skip to main content

summer lovin'

I know we traveled all summer, but most summers we have lots of time to do things in the area and we didn't really get to enjoy much of that this summer. But we did our best to squeeze as much of Houston into our few weeks here and there as we could muster. I think we had a good time.
We took a tour of the local fire station.
Spent the day at the children's museum where they had special face painters. The kids loved it... the only problem now is that Jeff asks for this face every time we go back... and I can't make it look like this with the crayons they have.
Nate and I had some exquisite date nights. One we called our Taiwanniversary. We went to Taiwan in August, so we celebrated by getting some shaved ice and pot stickers. We also went to see one of my favorite artists in concert: Gavin Degraw. Oh yeah, and the Script, and Train.... I LOVE live music. And these were all excellent artists live. So fun.
In the middle of august we went to visit Grandpa Trey and Grandma Julie. They got some new kittens, who are more like young cats now, named Snap, Crackle and Pop. (On a side note: I got to name them...:)) Jeff loved playing with them... as you can see.
My in-laws have these beautiful picture windows that display such gorgeous views. We had sunsets like this, so often there, you almost feel like you're in a painting.
The light there is so beautiful, I'm a little bummed I didn't take more pictures. We spent a few days with our cousins after that. (Even one more day than we intended.:)) Aria loved playing with Drew and Allie
We played outside, read and played together.
We even got to make S'mores with them.
Jeff loved this little playground they had in their back yard. We ate lots of yummy food and just played. Perfect ending to our vacation.
When we got back, some friends organized a group of us to go visit the blue bell creamery.
We got a scoop of free ice cream at the end and we loved getting to see how all the ice cream was made.
We even picked out a little truck magnet, that Jeff firmly describes as the cow truck! We are on the lookout for cow trucks every where we go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...