Skip to main content

in an acorn..

 We started out September by hosting the very first co-op preschool for Jeff! Here they are dancing. Notice the stillness of the girls and the motion of the boys? Pretty fun group!!
 September 2nd is my Mom's birthday. This year I spent most of August collecting letters from 50 of her favorite people for her 50th birthday. I got a lot of help from family members that actually live by her, but overall, I think it was a huge success. It was a total surprise, which was really a miracle considering the amount of people we contacted.
  It rained for a lot of October. And for some reason ALWAYS right when school got out. It's cascading down my window while waiting in the carpool lane to pick up Aria.
 Jeff affirmed that he is still my snuggle buddy. And he always asks me to 'tickle back'. He is so shnuggly sometimes. But just like my brother Devin. I remember doing this with Devin at church no less. But Devin was more partial to his ear.
 
 The rain finally stopped! so we took advantage of the muggy milder weather and climbed and played at the park!
 Jeff found my Halloween stickers and went to town. Seriously occupied him for almost 2 hours.
 Daddy and Jeff got to go to a baseball game! Thanks to a dear friend and colleague of ours (Dr. A.). They had great seats, right behind home plate, and as you can see, Jeff enjoyed every second of it.
 
 We took one of our bestest buds Scarlett to the zoo to play in the splash pad. And yes, this was in September.. :)
 Sharing snacks is the best.
 Nate went out of town this month and to celebrate we tried to find fun things to do. Like climb walls in skirts...
 She was so proud of herself because she made it all the way to the top this time!! I feel lucky to be this brave girl's Mom.
Stay tuned for October..!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...