Skip to main content

August

August is one of those months where you try to squeeze everything in. We did the center for contemporary craft where we got to learn about circuits. It was kind of fun to make something that lit up.
Our neighbors got a new dog named "Chewy" We have loved enjoying him. The kids love him a lot. He's grown a ton. Even writing this post 3 months later, it's hard to believe he was that small.
We made some new church friends, Zia and Eden, who apparently love reading as much as Aria does. It was fun to spend time with them over the summer to get acquainted and make new friends. Swimsuits or reading, that pretty much sums up summers in Houston.
We tried making some clay ata fun event at the art museum. These actually made it home in one piece and will hopefully be making it on the Christmas tree. I love how they turned out. our 'Texas themed ornaments.'
Aria's toothless!! I love that smile so much.

We showed up to church one day and I couldn't believe this was on the door. Has that ever happened to you?
I don't know if you can tell or not,  but we still had lice in July. Apparently, lice like people with really great hair. So Nate read a study about lice that basically said that lice don't like a dry environment so we decided to blow dry our hair every day for 4 weeks. It was effective! We're finally free and clear... we were cutting it close before going back to school. Poor Nate got most of the bruxt of the actual work. It was fun to watch all the positions the kids would make with their bodies though.
We got a new sprinkler from the summer clearance. We definitely enjoyed it.
We passed our car along to someone who could use it. We sure loved having it and are so grateful for the things we experienced together as a family in this car. But I am glad that we can move on and be better.
I will miss it a lot. but not that much...
The kids sometimes like to come in and crash our early morning party. These two are so great together.
I just adore them.


At the end of August we took our first family road trip in our new car! to Austin, TX. We are so happy that our cousins moved close to us so we can visit if/when we need to. We started it off with a trip to McDonald's. With a giant longhorn statue out in front. What a welcome to the Texas Capitol.
the Capitol building was so Lovely. Filled with texas loyalties and just gorgeous.


 This is just a perfect representation of Jeff... really?



 The opposite rotunda.
 Aria got her cowboy on at the museum they had their.
Jeff loved the telescope where he could look up at the hawk on the very tip top of the capitol building.
 One of the most famous sites in Austin is the bat bridge. It was beautiful.... those little black specks? Those are bats. It was definitely really really smelly though.
On Monday we took a trip to Blue Hole. It was gorgeous weather and a gorgeous natural spring. The water was perfect. I'm so glad we got to visit them.

 We had fun doing the rope swing.

 hiya!
 playing games.
 Jeff made a friend that he played soccer with for a good hour.
 Jeff finally got brave enough to jump into Daddy. Love these guys' muscles. :)
 This is what a summer evening looks like at our house. We love our neighborhood.


Comments

Rob said…
Aubs, you look great.
Nate, nice beard.
Your kids, are awesome.
You guys, are wonderful.

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...