Skip to main content

September

This is Jeff's first day of preschool. He didn't even look back. Can't believe he's my baby. He is growing up so fast and such a sweet kid. Missed him a lot those first few days.
He absolutely adored his first week with Miss Jessie. All of his mad fun can be seen at houstonkindergartenprep.blogspot.com - she pretty much rocks. Here he's made a potato head family. What does it mean if I have purple eyelashes and purple lips? I absolutely love that he gave Aria a missing tooth.       

In September we dog-sat. I've never wished my children hadn't learned jingle-bells. I definitely thought it should have been a different song in September.... but what's a girl to do. So I joined right along with them.... It made it hard for me to practice my song for Stake Conference though. Love you Barkley!


Aria got her ears pierced. here's the before...

And the after. She was so happy afterwards. She didn't even flinch. Later I found about 10,000 selfies of just her ears. She was pretty proud of them.



Jeff was feeling particularly contemplative one morning before school. I just love him.


There were some additions at the Houston zoo. My favorite was the baby goat, but theirs was definitely the pig. They followed it around snorting the whole time.
 I braided my hair,Nate said it looked like I had no hair... in a good way?



 The circus came to town and they went and visited discovery green. He conquered his fear of the 3 foot off the ground tight rope and then persistently worked on the hoola hoop to get it up to 1- seconds.
He did it mostly to impress his new friend. Circus people are so freaking strong. and he was super good with kids. Made them feel important and strong too. Pretty fun September!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...