Skip to main content

Jeff Pre-K March

 Week 24 (March 4, 5, 6)

Their paintings were finished and framed this week. The paper was 12 by 12 so I wasn't sure I would find a good frame for it, but as it turns out, a record is about that size too, so there were several to choose from. I think they turned out SO well. What talented little artists!

We played a game called "Puzzle Trouble", where I mixed up the pieces to a few puzzles and had them work on teams of two to sort them out.
It was a HOT day on Wednesday, and then blustery cold and rainy the next day. So I'm glad the kids had so much outside time the first day...
Our inside recess game was actually a math game. They started on the starting line and waited to hear the math problem. Sometimes I encouraged them to use their fingers to help them, other times they could do it in their heads. When they figured out the answer, they would run to the right area. I had additional pieces of tape on the floor with a number on each one.  These kids are SO smart! They did individual problems too, but it was more fun to run around together!
We did a fine motor sorting game for table time. I gave them each a couple different small spoons to try out. They problem solved and talked and figured out which one they liked the best, and then sorted the stones into the different categories. We also talked about most and least, and more and less, and other math words like that.
More playing and having fun and being KIDS!
This week was Dr. Seuss's birthday, so we read lots of Dr. Seuss books and also decorated our own Cat in the Hat hats. This was an activity that I got from the Children's Museum. They have such cute activities there, I had to bring it back for these guys.



Week 25 (March 11, 12, 13
 Quiet reading time has become noisier now that everyone is READING! The boys are all reading now, at various levels, and I am SO impressed with them!


We revisited Flarp! for a very sensory table time activity. They sure love this sticky stuff!

Even though our backyard and playground were a soggy muddy mess all week, we went for a nature walk in the front to hunt for clovers! They're good luck you know! So we found a perfect clover and preserved it in tape to bring home and keep for good luck.
This simple art activity turned out to be more fun than I thought it might be. These kids are so creative and love expressing themselves in this capacity.

They went across the ocean in teams (one with eyes closed and the other guiding the way) and individually (jumping, walking, going backward) and as a big group. These preschoolers make everything fun!

 

Week 26 (March 25, 26, 27)

The kids have been very interested in BUGS lately. We talked lots about the differences between insects and spiders, and then we took out our new nets to try them out. The kids were VERY excited about the nature hike. I seriously LOVE these pictures, and I realize I took too many, but they were too picture perfect.


After counting lots of tiny bugs' legs, we made a chart to remember how many legs spiders have and how many legs insects have.

I paired (or grouped) the kids up to play a few games. The first was a guessing game, similar to Guess Who, and they really got into it, even though it was hard at first to understand what to do.

Finger Twister was hilarious. They used one hand for the spinner and the other to get all tangled up trying to get a finger or thumb in the right spot.

We had 2 nice days outside, and 1 rainy day. We made the most of our nice days by jumping on the trampoline and doing a little more bug hunting.
Inside playing with some old favorites, Color Clix. They always tell me all about each little part on their creations and what they're for.
 Sight word bingo is getting too easy for these sharp readers now. I am SO impressed with their developing reading skills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...