Skip to main content

March adventures

 Here is Jeff conquering the tall monkey bars! I think this was only his second time on the high ones and I'm pretty sure the rainboots helped.


Aria participated in her very first piano competition! I didn't get to watch or record it but here she is prepping for it with her chinese friends....
And I also got to get her first grading sheet. So proud of her high scores and I was so happy that the judge gave such complimentary praise. She played Gavotte
The best thing about springtime is the GOBS of rain. And when I say rain I mean R.A.I.N. If only it smelled good. I miss that smell so much. Here it just gets smelly and moldy and everything is wet. all the time. But the rain is always warm so we always always get to PLAY!!
 There's nothing quite like puddle jumping. 1 point for my cool Mom award.

Nate and I asked for tickets to this wonderful musical for Christmas. It was fantastically beautiful. It was ethereal and the actors were amazing. The music was unbelievable. It was a small cast which accompanied themselves and sang and danced. The scene changes felt so organic. I loved it so much.
 Jefferson lost his first tooth. To say he's proud of it is a total understatement. He can do almost anything now that he's lost his tooth.

For Spring Break we went to visit our family in Washington and Oregon. Jeff and Isaac hit it off so well, I was shocked. Despite their age difference, their personalities are so similar that they did EVERYTHING together.
 Yeah, Count on the 12 year old to be the responsible one...



Nate and the kids spent forever putting up dominoes. I think they counted them, but who knows how accurate that number would be. Filmographer fail.

 We celebrated Nate's birthday. His Mom made him a blueberry pie. His favorite. He's just spoiled rotten.

Nate's favorite gift ever... you can just see the joy on his face.


 The clouds here got so pretty some days. It's so beautiful with their gorgeous big picture windows.
 For family night we made a giant church themed Bananagrams crossword. The kids really got into it and it was fun trying to use all of the letters.
 They have this amazing park in La Grande and the kids just loved having it all to themselves. It was fun to play like a kid again.



 It was so fun to see these horses grazing in the pasture below their house. We got to feed them apples and carrots and pet them. They were really gentle horses.





Here are Jeff and Isaac again. Oh how I adore them!
 It was also fun to explore the mountainside and chase the cats.

 aint he handsome?


And we loved playing gigantic kubb. We had such a great time this trip. It was nice to be there with them.


Playing with cousins is just lovely too. We had such a great trip.


 At the end of March Aria got to participate in the Name That Book competition. It was so fun. She got to be team captain. She's the one that's the second from the right.
 Once they picked what book it came from, Aria would hold up the picture of the cover.
 She really seemed to enjoy this most of all. She is definitely my reader.
 
Aria definitely enjoys acting. I can almost taste the fear she has for this spider. jk. love her.
We ended the month with a little trip to the past. They all picked real life heroes, and then dressed up as them. Aria chose Jesse Owens. I don't think she knew he was a man, but she sure had a lot of fun pretending to be him, making a costume for him and writing and learning about him. It was fun to see her in action.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...