Skip to main content

Jeff Pre-K May


Then they worked together to stamp this paper to use for later.  It took lots of work, but they stamped the paper until no white spots were showing.


Then we flipped the paper over, cut it into 4 pieces, drew hearts on the back and cut some out for the pictures.  Cutting hearts isn't easy. This project took a long time.
Then they glued on their hearts and we put them in frames. I'm going to have to wait to post these pictures on Sunday, so the surprises won't be ruined. I think the masterpieces turned out great.

The kids also made a quick video all about their moms. It was sweet to hear what they think. They sure do love their mommas! Happy Mother's Day!

We played lots of games this week again. Animal dominoes, rhyme card match, and scramble were just a few.


It was also teacher appreciation week this week and I felt very appreciated. Thank you for the lovely flowers and cookies and notes. I seriously LOVE teaching these kids. It's my pleasure and I'm happy to be their teacher.

With only a few more days of preschool until "graduation", we have been talking about important things that we need to know and do for kindergarten. The three things we talked about this week were, 1. Hard Work, 2. Be Kind, and 3. Listen. We read and worked out the story of The 3 Little Pigs on the magnet board. We talked about what it meant to work hard and why it's important.  In kindergarten, there isn't as much playing, and there will be lots of work. If we work hard, then we will feel good and happy.  Here are their "hard work" tokens.
Then we made our "be kind" tokens. We read stories about bullies, and friends, and they all decided they would rather be friends than be bullies. They are such nice friends to each other, and when little upsets happened this week, we talked specifically about being kind. What can we do when a friend feels left out? What can we do when a friend gets hurt? What can we do if we see someone getting bullied? They came up with WONDERFUL solutions. Kindergarten will be a better place with these kids on the loose.
Our "listen" tokens are good for these boys, who can get pretty wild when they are excited. We talked about the difference of play time and listening time. We talked about who it's important to listen to, and why. Our circle times are amazingly better and longer than they were in the beginning of the school year, partly because they know the routine now, and they are older, but partly because they are becoming better listeners. Good job!
We had some time at the end of our day to color outside and make body outlines. Getting them to stop and take a picture was harder than anything though. :)




This week, the favorite toy was Color Clix, by far. Wendy's has Smart Links (another version of Color Clix) as their kids' meal toy, so we got a few new ones to add to our preschool collection. The kids were THRILLED. They made really fun creations and had fun trying out some of the new shapes and colors.
We played a fun alphabet game on the chalk letters I drew. These kids have so much fun, and I do too. :)

 Our next word we talked about was HONESTY. We read a few books and talked about how important it is to always be honest. We specifically talked about President Lincoln, who was known as "Honest Abe", and read a few stories about him. The kids decorated these tiny circles that read "be honest".


Quiet reading time, over the year, has turned from looking at pictures only, and sounding out a few words here and there, to full on READING. I am SO proud of all the hard work these boys have put into something that typically isn't something that kids their age can do very well.  I am ever impressed with them.  They are all reading on various levels, but they are ALL READING!



We are getting excited about our GRADUATION PARTY on Friday! The kids decorated a banner that we will hang for the party, and they helped with their invitations.  Please remember to let me know how many people are coming from your family. I will provide lunch, and the kids will have a chance to play and say good-bye to preschool. :( I'm a little sad that it's ending, we have had such a lovely year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...