Skip to main content

Houston in July

 Remember that house we bought? Well we finally moved in!! It definitely made for an eventful summer. I have to admit. This may have been one of our hardest moves ever. We truly found peace as a family here. I felt like we valued things like we should and we spent most of our time with each other. I am looking forward to enjoying a bigger space, but I'll definitely miss this home of ours. #121

 Jeff... waiting for us to get a 'move' on...

 I am looking forward to only having to haul groceries half this distance... and that I don't have to do it in the rain.
 Yep. moving is hard.
 We dressed up like cows to get free chick fil a
 We still tried to maintain some normalcy... we still went to the art museum most weeks. We obviously go a lot if we make it in their ads. We sure do love it there.
 Our first rainstorm in our new house. The kids sure enjoyed sitting on the patio watching the rain. The puddles aren't as great here, but it's nice to have a dry place to sit.
 The view from our cat-walk..
 swimming and reading... that's what a summer in houston looks like. The upside down thing is a new one though.
 Nate and I finally celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. It was back in December, but better late than never.
 Idina Menzel did a fabulous job. It was so fun.
Happy July!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...