Skip to main content

festivities!



About a week ago some friends invited us to come on a tour of the Andersen Dairy plant, notice the cow? I think you have to sign up to go, but here's their website. It's geared toward preschoolers and Aria loved it!





She's becoming quite independent and LOVED, Did I say loved? the ice cream.









This is her friend Katelyn who invited us.









Aria and I have been having fun exercising together. I think it's hilarious... Just a moment before she was attempting to do push-ups with me. This puts an all new meaning on 'Child's Pose'.










We got a few packages early so because she is so young, I decided to let her open one present from Grandma early. she loves it!

Then Daddy and I took her out to get her favorite meal for her birthday... Macaroni and Cheese and Ice Cream. I have to say that my favorite meal isn't much different.... They brought her out a sundae and sang to her. She blew out a candle for the first time on her own. I can't believe my baby is two!

New trike from Grandma...


Blowing out candles and eating mac and cheese.









I love this picture of Aria and her Daddy.


















This is Aria's best friend. She loves spending time with Juliet. They ran around like crazy in the wind at her party.

I made these little cupcake lady bugs. I got the idea from the today show? I think where they did a giant cake in the shape of a lady bug, so I did a little research. They didn't have eyes or anything, but I think they turned out cute. I used chocolate chips for the spots... upside down and I used about 1 and 1/2 little containers of red dye to get it this red.
I let her have treats... TWO suckers... because she's two!
Here they are singing happy birthday to her! It was so fun, despite the wind.
Aria has lately had an obsession with babies. she's always making sure that they're okay and giving them loves, toys whatever she thinks they need. This is baby Alexis. Thanks for the photos Jasmine.
Despite the EXTREMELY windy conditions, I think the party was a success. I had a good time and I know Aria did.

Comments

Ashlee said…
SO Fun!!! She is getting so big. I love kid birthday parties. They are so much better!
Jasmine said…
The party was a lot of fun. I'm glad you got a better picture of Aria and Juliet running in the wind...despite my efforts, mine weren't great. They were so cute and funny! I think all the kids had a great time.
Unknown said…
You are a great mom!! How fun. Aria is beautiful, and getting so big. Can't believe it. Love the pic of the girls running in the wind and the one with Aria shoveling in the ice cream. :) So cute.

I got a good laugh out of 'child's pose.' That's awesome! Way to go, Yoga lady.
Refugee Crafter said…
Aww I miss you guys SO much! Ya-ya is getting WAY too big, and I'm missing being a part of it. Give her a big hug for me.
Refugee Crafter said…
PS Love the cupcakes and the child's pose!
Kate said…
Those cupcakes are so cute! You are always doing such neat things, you are very creative. I enjoy looking at your blog.
The party was definetely a sucess, I know Juliet didn't mind the wind, thanks for inviting us, we will see you in two weeks at Juliet's party!
Sarah Turpin said…
I love your blog. You take wonderful pictures, plus Arina is just so so cute!
Laura said…
Cute cupcakes! Aria us so grown up, it looks like it was a fun party!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...