Skip to main content

peacocks

I had heard that Floyd Lamb park was a fun place to go in Las Vegas, but we really lucked out. I went, just to take pictures.... but we got mating peacocks! Making really bizarre screeching noises and the males shaking their feathers out whenever a female was within 100 yards. Which happened pretty often. Aria thought it was AWESOME! They let us get right up close to them - within 5 feet. Crazy! I'll caption these other pics so you get a feel for how our outing went.

'Come and get it....... SQUAK'


'ring around the rosie'
'I wanna take a picture'
'Where's Aria? .... Oh.... here is.'

'Cary.... (in reference to almost everything)'
My whole point in coming out to this park was to take pictures of Aria though for her '2 year' birthday. I uploaded these to my other blog. Comments on these pictures are appreciated.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is so cute! Kenzie says "Ooo 'Cary" to everything as well. Especially if it's dark outside.
So cute! Hey, I added your blog to our blog list. I will send you an email to invite you to our blog! It was fun to hang out the other day, thanks for the invite!
Raquel said…
Hey I just found your blog! I had no idea you took such awesome pics! We need to get together and edit! What kind of camera do you have?

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...