Skip to main content

one big weekend

Saturday morning we had this wonderful one mile walk. Next year we might have to do the 5K we'll see how in shape we are... :) 5 weeks post-partum... not happening, but maybe next year. Nate has had a lot of good come from this program. He designed the logo for them and this was the 2nd annual run. It's a lot of fun and it gets a lot of people funding to get teeth to chew with. I no longer take for granted the ability I have to chew and smile without reservation. I feel really lucky. For those who want to participate next year, it's called Miles for better Smiles. It was $30 for both of us. They have awards and everything.

They also provide breakfast, which Aria thoroughly enjoyed...
Photobucket
We also brought some moldy bread to feed the ducks... or rather geese...:)
Photobucket
This was the moment right before one of the geese decided that it was too impatient to wait for Aria to tear off a chunk and it wanted the bread right now, hand and all. That was the end of feeding the birds. Note: This isn't the first time this has happened to Aria ( see this post ).
Photobucket
A few hours later Will and Tabi and kids arrived at our house. We still can't believe they made the long trip. We were SO glad to see them though. Teagan is so adorable!
Photobucket
I think Jeff looks a lot like Teagan. What's really ironic, is that we think Teagan looks most like Tabi and Jeff looks most me, and we're not the ones who are related... What do you think?
Photobucket
We had a blast with everyone, we just had to go see the Bellagio as this was Michaila's (Ben's Fiancee) first time in Vegas and the first time she'd seen a palm tree or cactus. Amazing, huh? She's pretty awesome. We're so excited for them. Only one month until they tie the knot!
Photobucket
Now for the reason they are all here...
Photobucket
Our first family photo:
Photobucket
His Daddy sid beautiful words in his blessing. We love him so much.
Photobucket
Me and the kids:
Photobucket
My sweet baby:
Photobucket

Can we be done taking pictures now?Photobucket

Finally, I think this is Nate's all time favorite photo of Jeff, the others from this shoot are on my other blog...
Photobucket

Comments

Oh Aubs, Your family is so beautiful, I am just so happy for you! We hope you had a beautiful easter, I can't wait to see you and the kids in May! Hopefully Jeff will still be little! They grow so stinking fast!
Erin said…
I almost agree with Nate but that blessing picture with him smiling is a tie-breaker! The pictures of your family are awesome. Congrats on your darling little man.

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...