Skip to main content

our world according to Jeff

 When you first meet him. This is how he will greet you. Yep that's right... a scowl. And if you're lucky, and you ask him for a fist bump. He just might give you one. Not a five though. That would be out of the question. He hates and I say hates strange places and faces. I've been going to some of my students' houses for their piano lessons for the past few months and he still stands on the doormat refusing to enter. Gradually though, he may just crack a smile for you. This kid is full of personality.
He's a Momma's boy. Through and through. Part of it might be that we go days at a time where Jeff doesn't get to see his Daddy, but Daddy definitely has a special place in his heart. He throws tantrums when Daddy tries to wipe off his face... and for some reason it's always when Daddy does it. I love his hair. I love his squishyness. I love the way you beg him to come get his diaper changed and in order to get him to come you can say 'Here Kitty Kitty...' and he'll come meowing down the hallway as cheerful as ever. He loves dogs but won't go near them. He has to make sure you know what he's talking about. If you don't repeat the correct word. He'll keep trying and trying and even get up in your face.
 He loves to climb on anything and everything. He loves doing things with his sister. Although I break up more arguments than I did before, they don't need me as much to entertain them. Evidence of the face he makes when Daddy tries to wipe off his face.
 We call him our man of many faces. These are all within split seconds of each other. I've never met a more expressive kid.

He LOVES to sing. Although he has many favorites, he always comes back to twinkle twinkle and Angels We Have Heard on High. Also common ones are the 4th article of faith and wheels on the bus.
Hence we have ourselves a yellow bus birthday party. We see these every time we drive to piano lessons, take Aria to school. They're everywhere and Jeff has to make sure we know about them. We invited a few families over to celebrate and had his favorite foods (Strawberries, chicken nuggets, cheese, grapes, cookies and cake and ritz.) He also really loves anything sweet, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, apples, banananas, whole boxes of cereal (any kind) but favorites include life, frosted shredded mini wheats, cinnamon toast crunch and honeycomb. He loves yogurt, wheat thins, milk, and PIZZA!! Least favorite things include broccoli, any kind of soup, asian food (unless it looks like chicken nuggets), and lettuce.
Favorite books include Wheels on the bus, Wheels on the School Bus, School Bus, 5 Little Ladybugs, Gerald and Piggie Books, Goodnight Moon, and looking at pictures of himself.  
He's just started pretend play with cars. and he loves riding the rocking horse and scooter.
One of my favorite things to watch him do is to run. He's quite the tease and loves to be chased and tickled.
Just look at that face... I almost die laughing every time. But I always feel all warm and fuzzy inside as well when I see this pictures because I know that it ended up like this...
  
Both my kids are very affectionate. One of Jeff's favorite things to do is grab and run his fingers through my hair while I'm holding him. It's probably because that's what I do to him, but I just love his hair I feel like I can't get enough of it.
 Aren't they cute? Running and teasing again...
 Your Daddy loves this picture of you. I know it looks like I didn't comb his hair, but really, it's just windswept. 
 When he gets hurt he has to make sure I understand where he hurts and what hurt him. It's very important that I know the details and it's not enough for me to just say 'are you okay?' and move on.

 You are afraid of most things. But you always want to try so I have to give you some credit. Here you wanted to hang by yourself but you slowly realized that you loved it... weren't sure... then hated it.
 
 But then you wanted to get right back up there and hang again.
 Your favorite parts about your birthday included, of course, the cake.
 ALL the bus stuff. Opening presents and of course the most durable balloons on the planet! And surprisingly you loved having all these people over too. I'm so glad you could have a wonderful birthday.
 You are one of the best things that's ever happened to me. My life would be a completely different place without you.

p.s. he blew out the candles like pro... watch to find out... :)


Comments

Karen S. said…
You are the cutest Mom! What lucky kids.

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...